Vols/Cavs tickets

Is there any advantage in scheduling VA over canceling BYU? I guess you could say distance but UT fans travel anywhere in numbers so that doesn’t really apply. What was most pathetic was that Dr Danny lied and said BYU wanted to cancel even though BYU didn’t have an opponent scheduled when the cancellation was announced while we did. We also had to pay them and not the other way around. The local media out there then reported that UT cancelled and Dr Danny was lying.

I do believe BYU is happy out but was due their money. They’ve not played a schedule close to what they will next yr in the B12. They want a very cheap non con game (<$500k) to replace Tennessee. They get a win, a team not beat up & a lot more money (Tenn 2.5mil + a home crowd vs a Weber State) . People saying White lied don’t know **** about scheduling

Prices for the tickets are ridiculous. I’m not paying $300 for decent seats. I’ll watch in Franklin on TV.

A real team?....They went 8-5 last year...We would demolish them on thier home field...UVA IMO is a more attractive team....Plus I love beating UVA in anything...Something about those 1980's loss's in football and basketball that still sticks in my side.
UVA was 3-7 with 1 conference win last year in the doormat conference of the power 5. I get what you’re saying above the 80’s games but what about revenge for 2019 at their place?

Reactions: EasternVol
I do believe BYU is happy out but was due their money. They’ve not played a schedule close to what they will next yr in the B12. They want a very cheap non con game (<$500k) to replace Tennessee. They get a win, a team not beat up & a lot more money (Tenn 2.5mil + a home crowd vs a Weber State) . People saying White lied don’t know **** about scheduling

Prices for the tickets are ridiculous. I’m not paying $300 for decent seats. I’ll watch in Franklin on TV.
My assertion about the lying comes from stmts made by the AD/office initially and the reporting of writers that I have no reason to doubt, especially when all that lines up with us magically having UVA and us paying them, not the other way around were they the ones to cancel. The contract stipulated the party that canceled would pay. If it was mutual, why would UT pay solely? If that is true-Danny made a horrible business decision.

The thing is, it was free during those bad years and the administration wasn’t asking for a lot extra. I’m not saying we’re elite yet but it’s not like we can start paying when we become elite we have to start building and then become elite.
If the issue is paying to become elite then we should be funding NIL as that is going to translate to more success than simply funding the athletics, which would be more for coaching and support staff and facilities. We will need to spend and spend heavy at both, but an elite roster in the NIL period is running at about $10M and your inflated ticket prices aren’t contributing to that per NCAA regs.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
If the issue is paying to become elite then we should be funding NIL as that is going to translate to more success than simply funding the athletics, which would be more for coaching and support staff and facilities. We will need to spend and spend heavy at both, but an elite roster in the NIL period is running at about $10M and your inflated ticket prices aren’t contributing to that per NCAA regs.
I agree, I wasn’t for sure were the money goes. I was hoping it went to something productive in making us better.

Reactions: UTFanHades
My assertion about the lying comes from stmts made by the AD/office initially and the reporting of writers that I have no reason to doubt, especially when all that lines up with us magically having UVA and us paying them, not the other way around were they the ones to cancel. The contract stipulated the party that canceled would pay. If it was mutual, why would UT pay solely? If that is true-Danny made a horrible business decision.

Tennessee had to pay cause they did not play at BYU while BYU made the trip here. Typically when you play home & home, the travel expenses is about all the visitor gets & the home team keeps the remainder of the gate.

UVA was 3-7 with 1 conference win last year in the doormat conference of the power 5. I get what you’re saying above the 80’s games but what about revenge for 2019 at their place?
Naa, Boring matchup...UVA lost a lot of players before the season started but they should be better this year....Not to mention giving Tony Elliot a beating after he turned us down for the head coaching job will be sweet!....Although I didn't want him it will still be sweet lol

Tennessee had to pay cause they did not play at BYU while BYU made the trip here. Typically when you play home & home, the travel expenses is about all the visitor gets & the home team keeps the remainder of the gate.
It’s well documented in multiple media sources who canceled. The narratives and evidence follows that. If you want to believe something other than the facts-that’s your decision.

It’s well documented in multiple media sources who canceled. The narratives and evidence follows that. If you want to believe something other than the facts-that’s your decision.

Please link some documents supporting your statement if it’s so “well documented”.

The payment had to be made as part of the 2 game contract that had BYU here in ‘19 even thou both schools were agreeable to not play. UT scheduled the Va game in Nashville for more $ than the BYU pay out.

Please link some documents supporting your statement if it’s so “well documented”.

The payment had to be made as part of the 2 game contract that had BYU here in ‘19 even thou both schools were agreeable to not play. UT scheduled the Va game in Nashville for more $ than the BYU pay out.
Which is my point-UT canceled to do that. Here’s a link from the BYU biased Knoxville News Sentinel. As you can see from the headline-UT cancelled. Of course this is probably some Mormon conspiracy and not reality. We should believe Danny White over the Mormon version of Pravda known as the Knoxville News Sentinel.
Why Tennessee football canceled BYU, added Virginia for 2023 schedule

BYU football’s 2023 game vs. Tennessee has been canceled. Here’s why

As Tennessee football cancels return game, BYU will get a big check and some rare nonconference flexibility

BYU Football: Game Against Tennessee Is Off 2023 Schedule

Is four articles enough?

Which is my point-UT canceled to do that. Here’s a link from the BYU biased Knoxville News Sentinel. As you can see from the headline-UT cancelled. Of course this is probably some Mormon conspiracy and not reality. We should believe Danny White over the Mormon version of Pravda known as the Knoxville News Sentinel.

As Tennessee football cancels return game, BYU will get a big check and some rare nonconference flexibility

Is four articles enough?

Is four articles enough?

Of course BYU wasn’t going to “cancel”. They’d have to pay Tenn if they had & that would’ve been dumb. But they are fine with it. You slid over the fact BYU dropped Utah State for the same reason, in order to weaken their non con schedule.

Of course BYU wasn’t going to “cancel”. They’d have to pay Tenn if they had & that would’ve been dumb. But they are fine with it. You slid over the fact BYU dropped Utah State for the same reason, in order to weaken their non con schedule.
They didn’t drop Utah St for the same reason bc UT canceled on BYU not the other way around. Regardless of whether if benefits them or not UT canceled. I posted 4 articles that prove it, which was my point all along.

They didn’t drop Utah St for the same reason bc UT canceled on BYU not the other way around. Regardless of whether if benefits them or not UT canceled. I posted 4 articles that prove it, which was my point all along.

You obviously have no clue about how contracts work so let’s call an end to this.

So you’re saying all those articles lied and BYU canceled?

Did you sniff a lot glue as a teenager?

One last time. BYU was never gonna cancel the game. It was their home game. They were gonna pay UT travel expenses & keep everything else. If they’d canceled, they’d owe Tennessee money. Nobody would do that.

The financial responsibility is on Tennessee to cancel the game, pay $2mil & earn $3 mil or more in Nashville. BYU gets $2 mil PLUS a home gate vs a Central Ark type that they pay $500k for. Big pay day for BYU plus they don’t get beat up for a tough B12 conference.

Do you understand now how the contract works? If BYU had cancelled the game, they’d owe Tenn $2mil.

Did you sniff a lot glue as a teenager?

One last time. BYU was never gonna cancel the game. It was their home game. They were gonna pay UT travel expenses & keep everything else. If they’d canceled, they’d owe Tennessee money. Nobody would do that.

The financial responsibility is on Tennessee to cancel the game, pay $2mil & earn $3 mil or more in Nashville. BYU gets $2 mil PLUS a home gate vs a Central Ark type that they pay $500k for. Big pay day for BYU plus they don’t get beat up for a tough B12 conference.

Do you understand now how the contract works? If BYU had cancelled the game, they’d owe Tenn $2mil.
I asserted UT cancelled and you were proven wrong by multiple sources after you challenged me to present them. If you’re unable to understand that concept, maybe reconsider insulting others on their ability to discern facts and objective evidence. The financial impact is notwithstanding the fact that UT cancelled. Show me your evidence and articles that said BYU cancelled. Or you can show me how those 4 articles all lied. Sorry-you got called out and lost the argument. You then tried to move the goalposts and assert that the financial implications somehow render your point correct-they don’t.

I asserted UT cancelled and you were proven wrong by multiple sources after you challenged me to present them. If you’re unable to understand that concept, maybe reconsider insulting others on their ability to discern facts and objective evidence. The financial impact is notwithstanding the fact that UT cancelled. Show me your evidence and articles that said BYU cancelled. Or you can show me how those 4 articles all lied. Sorry-you got called out and lost the argument. You then tried to move the goalposts and assert that the financial implications somehow render your point correct-they don’t.

I never said BYU cancelled. I said they were agreeable. If you’re too stupid to see that, that’s on you,

My guess is there will be about 5000 UVA fans and about 50,000 UT fans.
im not sure why we want to keep playing games with so little attendance other than maybe to help in recruiting Middle Tennessee.

Advantages. 1.)More Tennessee fans can go to game. At BYU, 10,000 at most be able to get tickets. At Nissan, over 50,000 will probably get tickets. 2.)Tennessee makes more money. 3.) Breaking in a new team with a lot of new starters but UVA should still be a win. BYU might be but no guarantee. 4.) Although you want to play @BYU for some reason there is no real benefit. Vols will be ranked the same with wins over either team.
We have the Neyland West game every other year in Nashville. So it’s not like playing UVa there once is a great blessing to local UT fans, especially if tickets aren’t cheap.
Provo is hands down a better road trip destination than Nashville. I’d personally much rather keep the BYU game.
The only advantage I see to playing the Hoos is Virginia recruiting. That angle would work better if we played them in DC.

We have the Neyland West game every other year in Nashville. So it’s not like playing UVa there once is a great blessing to local UT fans, especially if tickets aren’t cheap.
Provo is hands down a better road trip destination than Nashville. I’d personally much rather keep the BYU game.
The only advantage I see to playing the Hoos is Virginia recruiting. That angle would work better if we played them in DC.
Yeah-it can help with the recruit rich Hampton Roads area. I think we might wish we have some of those Polynesian kids BYU gets when we’re facing teams like UGA in trench battles. Literally the only reason we lost that game is we got out-talented in the lines of scrimmage

White Danny also canned the game against Army, an opportunity to cheer for our team and for future soldiers that will eventually be called upon to protect us and drop an easy million into their athletic budget, I don't think he will make that mistake again

Never said we should fire him, haven’t even said he’s been a failure here. I’ve got a lot of confidence in him but I’m going to call out his errors and lack of ethics in this instance and in repeatedly gouging the fans. I’ll also be fair and state that those are the only complaints so far. It’s interesting how many of our fanbase deify admins and coaches though. Nobody is above reproach.
So, without the knowledge of all the backroom talks that may or may not gone on in the discussion of whether to cancel the byu game or not, you're convinced that Dr. Danny is guilty. That it's ALL his fault.

VN Store

Back