Vols Basketball

RockyTop08

Feb. 18, 2005

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- University of Tennessee senior guard Scooter McFadgon will miss the Vols' game at Ole Miss on Saturday, Feb. 19, due to a leg injury that has kept him out of practice for much of the past week. Instead of accompanying the Vols to Oxford, McFadgon will remain in Knoxville to continue treatments on his injured thigh. His status following this weekend's game will be determined on a day-to-day basis.

"Scooter has been a key part of our team this year and he will be missed tomorrow when we play an important conference game," head coach Buzz Peterson said. "When he is in the game other teams have to focus on him defensively because he is such a scoring threat. It will be important for the rest of our players to step up their game against Ole Miss."

A native of Memphis, McFadgon is Tennessee's leading scorer and ranks 13th in the Southeastern Conference with 14.1 points per game. One of the top 3-point shooters in school history, McFadgon has scored in double figures 20 times this season. In his two seasons at Tennessee he has made 102 3-pointers, the ninth highest total in school history.

in my limited expirience in sports.......when the record goes badly...so do the team stars....go 0-7...hamstrings are rampant

Well you can go ahead and chalk up another loss. Anyone see us getting to .500

No .500 this year. As to Scooter, he has played no where near his potentail this year. I'm not sure this loss will be as big on the floor as it is in legend. Scooter and Crump have not been the leaders they should have been this year. They have not produced like they should have either.

I don't see us getting to .500 (or even close) but with Scooter out it gives a chance for some of the younger guys to play.

I knew this wouldn't affect Freak all that much. My opinion of the whole thing is that Scooter is the captain and unless he is in the hospital, he should be going to the game in a suit and tie and give his team support. This sums up Buzz Peterson's leadership during his tenure at UT, hopefully it won't continue after this year.

Originally posted by Volunteer@Feb 19, 2005 10:54 AM
I knew this wouldn't affect Freak all that much. My opinion of the whole thing is that Scooter is the captain and unless he is in the hospital, he should be going to the game in a suit and tie and give his team support. This sums up Buzz Peterson's leadership during his tenure at UT, hopefully it won't continue after this year.

I actually think we might win now. ;)

Seriously though Volunteer we need this one to get to those 13 wins I am predicting.

i personally dont think we will win another game. But wouldnt it be crazy if we won the sec tournament and went into the ncaa's.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 19, 2005 11:26 AM
i personally dont think we will win another game.  But wouldnt it be crazy if we won the sec tournament and went into the ncaa's.

Crazy is an understatement. We don't have to worry about that though. We don't have a chance.

yeah I think that's a little INSANE!!!! lol....We won't win a game in the SEC tournament...We'll end up playing UK or Bama in the first round and get put out...Or South Carolina..So I don't think we have to worry about winning the SEC tournament this year

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 19, 2005 11:26 AM
i personally dont think we will win another game. But wouldnt it be crazy if we won the sec tournament and went into the ncaa's.

:withstupid:

You know what else would be crazy? If my dog walked up to me and started speaking English, spouting out the winning lottery numbers for next week. How can your fingers even type something like that????

Ole Miss is today and we still have to play Arkansas, Kentucky, SC, and UGA

Originally posted by vol_freak@Feb 19, 2005 10:41 AM
it gives a chance for some of the younger guys to play.

Truth be known, Buzz should have been putting those young guys in 3 weeks ago. It couldn't have hurt.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Feb 19, 2005 2:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Feb 19, 2005 2:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Feb 19, 2005 10:41 AM
it gives a chance for some of the younger guys to play.

Truth be known, Buzz should have been putting those young guys in 3 weeks ago. It couldn&#39;t have hurt. [/quote]
I agree. I would limit Scooter and Crumps minutes and try to get some other guys more game experience for next year.

VN Store

Back