Vols are tied for #2 because of one AP voter

For me it's not really so much the obvious TN bias, but if you look at the rest of his ballot it's the "extreme picks" that really shows off his lack of competence..... I mean, I get that the AP poll is mostly useless now that the CFP poll is about to be released, but he's got:

TX @ 14 (in AP poll they're 26th, first in "others receiving votes")
KY @ 19 (In AP poll they're 27th, second in "other receiving votes")
UCLA @ 16 (10th in AP poll)
UNC @ 22 (17th in AP poll)

To be that far off on that many teams simply indicates incompetence to me.... I can see being 1, 2, or even 3 spots out but all of these are 5+ spots different from the current poll.

And to have KY in the top 20 when they're completely out along with TX in the top 15 when they, too, are completely out practically demands an explanation.

If I'm the AP I'm seriously asking this clown for explanations and if they're not good ones I'm rescinding his vote, immediately. He's making the AP look reeeeaaaalllly bad......

ETA: Mike Berardino at College Poll Tracker

Reactions: Kristy*
Update:

In case anyone feels need to remind the stupid voter (via Twitter/etc), you can now simply say that his vote was ill-informed and really doesn’t matter to anyone. He probably should stick to covering junior-high and high school sports in wherever he lives as he’s definitely not a good judge of collegiate athletics (at least compared to most other professionals).

Go VOLS!

Watching this post-CFP ranking show now, really thinking that AJ McCarRon is actually more stupid and biased than the Midwest AP voter… really kinda funny how the other hosts are telling him subtly that he’s full of sh*t😂

Last edited:

VN Store

Back