Vols are on the way back

I refuse to delude myself and believe possibly the worst offensive performance in tennessee history is a sign we are headed in the right direction. That was the worst coached, worst executed offensive showing I've watched. The defense was solid but in year three there is no excuse for that piss poor offense.
There is a reason for our offensive struggles. Almost everyone knows what it is.

There is a reason for our offensive struggles. Almost everyone knows what it is.
If that is true then one of the things below is true.

A) we have no one better at the position after three years when you already know what you have.

B) we have better on the roster but this staff refuses to play them

Which do you think it is?

D was outstanding. UGA just had more Jimmies and Joes. Our depth was too much in the second half. Good luck the rest of the way.
How much credit would you give Pruitt for where UGA is today? I've heard from a few people around the UGA program that he set a lot of things in motion off the field (indoor field, support staff, etc) that really helped Kirby get going and that the defense was able to hit the ground running under Kirby because they had already been running the same defense and recruiting for it under Pruitt. Curious to hear a UGA fan's take on that.

How much credit would you give Pruitt for where UGA is today? I've heard from a few people around the UGA program that he set a lot of things in motion off the field (indoor field, support staff, etc) that really helped Kirby get going and that the defense was able to hit the ground running under Kirby because they had already been running the same defense and recruiting for it under Pruitt. Curious to hear a UGA fan's take on that.
Pruitt was an excellent DC. They both ran Saban's DC, not Pruitt's or Smarts. Pruitt didn't have anything to do with the facilities. That was all Smart.

Back to 3rd in the East
I’ll take 3rd in the East (for now) just two years ago we were LAST in the East.

But, to go from 3 to 1, we have to recruit better. Don’t care how much money we have to offer Mims or other elite players, have to improve the talent across the board or 3rd will be our ceiling.

He deserves a lot of credit. He pushed Richt and the administration on support staff, better indoor facility, etc. and it rubbed people the wrong way. It needed to happen, though.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
He deserves a lot of credit. He pushed Richt and the administration on support staff, better indoor facility, etc. and it rubbed people the wrong way. It needed to happen, though.
The reason I asked is because I think what we see at UGA is what UT could be headed towards, but we're obviously a couple years behind. Not to take anything away from what Smart has done, but I think Smart and Pruitt are very similar coaches and both know what needs to be done to have a championship program. Anyone talking about firing Pruitt right now is insane.

Reactions: OklahomaDawg
Every single year these pumper threads get more ridiculous. We've seen absolutely nothing that says we are even on the right rail system much less track.

Reactions: vol1981
We are terrible. UGA pretty much handed us 14 pts so the game was worse than the scoreboard suggests. We got our butts whipped and it is inexcusable.

It'd difficult to compare different eras. IIRC, 98 Vols had some superstars. In the 55 years I have watched UGA, this is the best D I have seen. One year our entire defense was drafted and had superstars like Seymour, Stroud, Champ Bailey, etc. However, this is the most complete, best coached, best defense UGA has ever fielded. You won't face anything like it again this season.

Yep, ingredients are there for us to give Bama a 2008 blackout beating if we can get consistent on O. We’ll see.

The reason I asked is because I think what we see at UGA is what UT could be headed towards, but we're obviously a couple years behind. Not to take anything away from what Smart has done, but I think Smart and Pruitt are very similar coaches and both know what needs to be done to have a championship program. Anyone talking about firing Pruitt right now is insane.

Pruitt is a damn good coach. I liked him on our staff and still like him. He’s stubborn like most coaches but he’s easily the best coach y’all have had since Fulmer. Kiffin was good but too small a sample size.

He came in and rubbed people the wrong way because passive Richt let him speak for the program a lot and other coaches, notably Thomas Brown got pissed. Reportedly they got into a legit fight one night at a coaches dinner at Richt’s and had to be separated.

Anyway, he basically came in, said our facilities, support staff, etc. were a joke and needed to change. He was right and thus when Kirby got here it was easy to put in motion.

Pruitt is a damn good coach. I liked him on our staff and still like him. He’s stubborn like most coaches but he’s easily the best coach y’all have had since Fulmer. Kiffin was good but too small a sample size.

He came in and rubbed people the wrong way because passive Richt let him speak for the program a lot and other coaches, notably Thomas Brown got pissed. Reportedly they got into a legit fight one night at a coaches dinner at Richt’s and had to be separated.

Anyway, he basically came in, said our facilities, support staff, etc. were a joke and needed to change. He was right and thus when Kirby got here it was easy to put in motion.
The truth is Thomas Brown was beating Pruitt's ass at practice and had to be pulled off of him.

VN Store

Back