Vols 2019 Recruiting Finish 12/7 Update

VOLuptuousBOOMS

Welcome to silly season!! This time of the year is crazy, and I for one love it. So lets get on with this update.

We have been on steady downward trend away from the recruiting high we were on following the Kentucky win. Alot of big time targets look like longshots, and the class is starting to take its shape.

Like I have stated in my other updates, I feel that we will fill a RB and WR slot with our remaining spots. After those two slots are filled, we will take the best player available.

I added a column for when the player will sign and enroll. ES stands for early signee, LS for late signee, EE for early enrollee, SE for summer enrollee. Again, the Most Likely Outcome spreadsheet takes the players with the highest % to sign an puts them in one class of 25. I then take that class and input it into the Class Calculator, then compare the total score to years past to obtain an idea of where the class will finish.

UT Recruits Class of 2019 - 12-07-18 - Board.png
UT Recruits Class of 2019 - 12-07-18 - MLO.png

QB - I think the staff is set on rolling with Maurer as our only QB for the class. That is unless Tagovailoa decided he wants in, (5% Chance, remains the same for the last update). I believe Taulia sticks with Bama. It appears that the Helton incident has had no effect on Maurer. He is solid.

RB - Not alot has changed here from my last update. The staff is still trying to find a solid backup plan for Gray and/or take two RB's in this class. I am slightly more confident that we land Gray than I was last week (80% chance). Gray is an Early Signee and Early Enrollee so we hopefully we will hear something soon. The staff is still trying to get the final visit for DJ Williams, however, he appears to be a long shot at this point. No other targets on the board at this point, however I would expect Pruitt to be looking for this years Jordan Young, just hopefully with a better outcome.

WR - Not alot has changed for WR's as well. The more time goes on, the more confident I am that we wind up with Khafre Brown (up to 50% chance from last weeks 40%). Jaylen Ellis is set for an OV on 12/15, however he is not an early signee. We will continue to try to flip the Baylor commit (20% chance). With neither Brown or Ellis early signees, I expect our last WR spot to drag out into January. No recent news regarding George Pickens or Jalen Curry. Keyton is a solid commitment.

TE - Appears as though we are locked in with Lowe and Brown. No other targets. Both Brown and Lowe have shut down their recruitment.

OL - I still feel as though Wright is all but locked in, despite the RTR tweet (80%). Reminds me alot of the Nigel Warrior recruitment. We will continue to sweat over it until the ink dries in February. The only other OL on the board is EJ Ndoma-Ogar (up to 20% from 15%), the VQ guys have stated if he decides to push off signing until February, that would bode well for the good guys. I feel confident we will sign all of our current OL commits, all of which except McBride will sign in December.

DL - If I have one worry in this class, it is the DL. However, I am a big fan of Harrison, Simmons, and Williams. Their are rumors about the drive of Middleton, but hopefully our staff can maximize his true potential. IMO the DL is going to be our biggest weakness in 2019, and we could really use some studs to come in and contribute in 2019 and 2020. With both Logue and Norton having shutdown their recruitment, only Justin Eboigbe fits that bill (25%). He has been quite, but I am still holding out hope that we are able to get him on board. Eboigbe is an Early Signee and Early Enrollee so we need to get him on board in a hurry. Other Targets on the board consist of Kristian Williams (10%), Jared Harrison-Hunte (10%), Gabriel Hall (10%), Nick Figueroa (10%).

LB - If you want to see the meltdown, go over to the Owen Pappoe thread. I will not discuss that situation at length, but I am not shutting the door on Pappoe (25%, down from 80% last week). Even with the Pappoe news, this is the position I feel the most confident we could grab a game changer (outside of Wright and the OL). I have both To'oto'o and Marshall at a 45% we sign them. It will largely depend on how the dominoes fall at both UA, and UGA. Marshall is an EE so we should know something soon. The other name to watch is Chris Russell (30%). I think if the staff misses on Pappoe, then Russell takes his spot.

DB - Kenyatta Watson has shutdown his recruitment. With that news, we have ramped up our efforts with Jammie Robinson (30%) and Travis Jay (30%). It appears like both of these targets are listening. However I feel like we only have one spot available, so it maybe given to whichever one jumps on board first. Shilo Sanders (10%) is also another name to watch. All three of these guys are signing in February.

I feel fairly confident we sign all of our current commits, except Cox and Clemons. To be honest, if I were to pick two guys to let go, they would be it. The lack of turnover in this class since Pruitts arrival has been refreshing compared to years past. If we are able to sign a full class of 25 then we have 7 spots remaining. Hopefully we can find 7 impact players.

Hope yal enjoy...

Last edited:
Does Roman Harrison wind up as an OLB type pass rusher? instead of a down linemen.

Does Roman Harrison wind up as an OLB type pass rusher? instead of a down linemen.
Donā€™t have the link but itā€™s been said that they want to put 30~ lbs on him and have him be a down lineman. Does anyone know if heā€™s an EE? If he gets in here January, i could totally see him contributing next season at DE at a healthy 6ā€™2 265lbs. Heā€™s 245 at the moment

Reactions: MadWorld
I'm impressed that even our "lower rated" commits typically have a lot of big programs after them. Shows how ahead of the game the staff is.

If we sign all 25 guys in your likely outcome they should build a statue of Jeremy Pruitt and Staff.

Welcome to silly season!! This time of the year is crazy, and I for one love it. So lets get on with this update.

We have been on steady downward trend away from the recruiting high we were on following the Kentucky win. Alot of big time targets look like longshots, and the class is starting to take its shape.

Like I have stated in my other updates, I feel that we will fill a RB and WR slot with our remaining spots. After those two slots are filled, we will take the best player available.

I added a column for when the player will sign and enroll. ES stands for early signee, LS for late signee, EE for early enrollee, SE for summer enrollee. Again, the Most Likely Outcome spreadsheet takes the players with the highest % to sign an puts them in one class of 25. I then take that class and input it into the Class Calculator, then compare the total score to years past to obtain an idea of where the class will finish.

View attachment 181248
View attachment 181249

QB - I think the staff is set on rolling with Maurer as our only QB for the class. That is unless Tagovailoa decided he wants in, (5% Chance, remains the same for the last update). I believe Taulia sticks with Bama. It appears that the Helton incident has had no effect on Maurer. He is solid.

RB - Not alot has changed here from my last update. The staff is still trying to find a solid backup plan for Gray and/or take two RB's in this class. I am slightly more confident that we land Gray than I was last week (80% chance). Gray is an Early Signee and Early Enrollee so we hopefully we will hear something soon. The staff is still trying to get the final visit for DJ Williams, however, he appears to be a long shot at this point. No other targets on the board at this point, however I would expect Pruitt to be looking for this years Jordan Young, just hopefully with a better outcome.

WR - Not alot has changed for WR's as well. The more time goes on, the more confident I am that we wind up with Khafre Brown (up to 50% chance from last weeks 40%). Jaylen Ellis is set for an OV on 12/15, however he is not an early signee. We will continue to try to flip the Baylor commit (20% chance). With neither Brown or Ellis early signees, I expect our last WR spot to drag out into January. No recent news regarding George Pickens or Jalen Curry. Keyton is a solid commitment.

TE - Appears as though we are locked in with Lowe and Brown. No other targets. Both Brown and Lowe have shut down their recruitment.

OL - I still feel as though Wright is all but locked in, despite the RTR tweet (80%). Reminds me alot of the Nigel Warrior recruitment. We will continue to sweat over it until the ink dries in February. The only other OL on the board is EJ Ndoma-Ogar (up to 20% from 15%), the VQ guys have stated if he decides to push off signing until February, that would bode well for the good guys. I feel confident we will sign all of our current OL commits, all of which except McBride will sign in December.

DL - If I have one worry in this class, it is the DL. However, I am a big fan of Harrison, Simmons, and Williams. Their are rumors about the drive of Middleton, but hopefully our staff can maximize his true potential. IMO the DL is going to be our biggest weakness in 2019, and we could really use some studs to come in and contribute in 2019 and 2020. With both Logue and Norton having shutdown their recruitment, only Justin Eboigbe fits that bill (25%). He has been quite, but I am still holding out hope that we are able to get him on board. Eboigbe is an Early Signee and Early Enrollee so we need to get him on board in a hurry. Other Targets on the board consist of Kristian Williams (10%), Jared Harrison-Hunte (10%), Gabriel Hall (10%), Nick Figueroa (10%).

LB - If you want to see the meltdown, go over to the Owen Pappoe thread. I will not discuss that situation at length, but I am not shutting the door on Pappoe (25%, down from 80% last week). Even with the Pappoe news, this is the position I feel the most confident we could grab a game changer (outside of Wright and the OL). I have both To'oto'o and Marshall at a 45% we sign them. It will largely depend on how the dominoes fall at both UA, and UGA. Marshall is an EE so we should know something soon. The other name to watch is Chris Russell (30%). I think if the staff misses on Pappoe, then Russell takes his spot.

DB - Kenyatta Watson has shutdown his recruitment. With that news, we have ramped up our efforts with Jammie Robinson (30%) and Travis Jay (30%). It appears like both of these targets are listening. However I feel like we only have one spot available, so it maybe given to whichever one jumps on board first. Shilo Sanders (10%) is also another name to watch. All three of these guys are signing in February.

I feel fairly confident we sign all of our current commits, except Cox and Clemons. To be honest, if I were to pick two guys to let go, they would be it. The lack of turnover in this class since Pruitts arrival has been refreshing compared to years past. If we are able to sign a full class of 25 then we have 7 spots remaining. Hopefully we can find 7 impact players.

Hope yal enjoy...

Thanks for this...but "If we are able to sign a full class of 25 then we have 7 spots remaining. Hopefully we can find 7 impact players." ??

Not sure I understand your math here. Are you saying we can take a total of 32 players in this class? Would the "7 spots remaining" come from scholarships opening up due to 7 current players transferring? Help me with the math, please.

Voluptuousbooms,thank you for all your hard work.Iam the eternal optomist and believe/hope we get all our wishes.The ones we don't,so be it.Thanks again.

Thanks for this...but "If we are able to sign a full class of 25 then we have 7 spots remaining. Hopefully we can find 7 impact players." ??

Not sure I understand your math here. Are you saying we can take a total of 32 players in this class? Would the "7 spots remaining" come from scholarships opening up due to 7 current players transferring? Help me with the math, please.
We have 20 current commits. I am saying that Clemons and Cox wonā€™t sign with us, so that leaves 18 commits. 25-18=7 remaining spots

Reactions: Hank Bukowski

View attachment 181248
View attachment 181249

Hope yal enjoy...

No.

VN Store

Back