Vols #17 in final AP poll.

The good news is that right now, the Vols are better than at least 5 teams ranked ahead of them. That is very encouraging. I'd even like their chances against Bama and Missouri again....
Schrader went crazy against us. Even Florida ran down our throats this year. Just weird because we have seemed to have a good run defense most of the season outside of those games.

Reactions: livefaith
The AP poll is a joke. UGA is ranked fourth. Does anyone with a pulse really believe UGA would lose to Washington or Texas (a TWO loss team)? Please stop allowing yourselves to be influenced by a group of people that claim to be experts because they "earn" a paycheck by writing (opinion) articles. Tennessee was voted between 13 and unranked for the final AP poll. For the final time this season, this is how every AP voter voted. F the AP, Go Vols!

Guess we still need a lot of improvement on defense because JMO our offense looks as good as anyone going into next season. I know Nico still has to prove himself and we need a couple strong OL's other than that I feel good about the offense. Defense just isn't evolving as fast for some reason.

I’m presuming it’s related to the 6 teams above them losing (those 6 teams ahead of them in the previous AP poll were Louisville (10-4, Loss 42-28), SMU (11-3, Lost 23-14), Liberty (13-1, Loss 45-6), NC State (10-4, Loss 28-19), Iowa (10-4, Loss 35-0), and Oregon State (8-5, Loss 40-8)).
I knew that, but I didn’t really think about them all being being 2+ score losses. Bowl season was ugly in a lot of places.

These rankings are somewhat of a joke. Just because Georgia didn't make the college football playoffs don't mean they are #4. It doesn't add up if they still have Florida State ranked #8 after giving up about 9 touchdowns. Oklahoma State ranking is a farce as well. These ranking don't mean much at this point anyway.
I think they (fairly) took into account the opt outs for FSU. The FSU team that played Louisville was nowhere close to the same team that played uga.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The AP poll is a joke. UGA is ranked fourth. Does anyone with a pulse really believe UGA would lose to Washington or Texas (a TWO loss team)? Please stop allowing yourselves to be influenced by a group of people that claim to be experts because they "earn" a paycheck by writing (opinion) articles. Tennessee was voted between 13 and unranked for the final AP poll. For the final time this season, this is how every AP voter voted. F the AP, Go Vols!

uga lost to bama. Bama lost to texas who lost to washington. Yes I think uga could have lost to washington. Sure they could have won too but based on the results on the field they rankings are appropriate at the top.

But why in the world are we defending uga? If I had a vote I'd rank them 130 just because of that poor inbred dog they use as a mascot that dies prematurely!

We need to get a lot better on the offensive line if we want to be a top 10 team next year. That’s a long time from now though. Go Vols. I hope the offseason is hugely productive b

Reactions: Namorto1
These rankings are somewhat of a joke. Just because Georgia didn't make the college football playoffs don't mean they are #4. It doesn't add up if they still have Florida State ranked #8 after giving up about 9 touchdowns. Oklahoma State ranking is a farce as well. These ranking don't mean much at this point anyway.
Especially with the fluidity of the transfer portal, recruiting, those who test the NFL blah nlah ad infinitum

Reactions: BreatheUT
uga lost to bama. Bama lost to texas who lost to washington. Yes I think uga could have lost to washington. Sure they could have won too but based on the results on the field they rankings are appropriate at the top.

But why in the world are we defending uga? If I had a vote I'd rank them 130 just because of that poor inbred dog they use as a mascot that dies prematurely!
I am just using UGA to illustrate how idiotic the AP poll is. Please do not read any good will toward UGA in my post. I understand your point; however, in reality, a healthy UGA could beat any team in CFB.

Reactions: rocky top buzz
Tennessee with Nico is a completely different team. I wish Joe the greatest success and hope he gets a shot at the next level. I, for one, am glad to put closure on this season and look forward with excitement to next year. Tennessee has a bright future with the team Coach Heupel has assembled and continues to assemble. Let's continue to show our young men the love and support. GBO

Here's another fun one. Emily Adams ranked us 19 and Iowa 17.

In the previous poll, she had us at 24 and Iowa 17th. She didn't penalize Iowa at all for losing by 35 to a lower ranked team lol.

Here's another fun one. Emily Adams ranked us 19 and Iowa 17.

In the previous poll, she had us at 24 and Iowa 17th. She didn't penalize Iowa at all for losing by 35 to a lower ranked team lol.

How on earth did she get a poll ballot?

I'm far more qualified.

"About: Emily Adams is the high school sports reporter for the Knoxville News Sentinel. She is a recent graduate of Ithaca College and previously interned with USA TODAY Sports."

1704827635763.png
Yep, looks about 20-25 years old.

Must be someone's niece....

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
How on earth did she get a poll ballot?

I'm far more qualified.

"About: Emily Adams is the high school sports reporter for the Knoxville News Sentinel. She is a recent graduate of Ithaca College and previously interned with USA TODAY Sports."

View attachment 608503
Yep, looks about 20-25 years old.

Must be someone's niece....
It appears she now covers S Carolina football. Her football prowess makes sense

VN Store

Back