Vols 14.5 Underdog vs Kansas

VolnJC

I would have thought it would move lower. I'd definitely take the under but no way I'd bet the spread...have no idea how this team will play game to game.
20200124_172713.jpg

Reactions: RollerVol
Shoot 50% from the field and itll be a close game. Roll out one of those 20% games and itll be over with before half time. We have to get good looks for the right guys, limit turnovers and catch some luck. We'll be good enough defensively but I just dont see us scoring more than 50-55 in this game.

71-53 KU

Hope I'm wrong.

Some interesting stats from the pregame notes at utsports.com

CRB Is 7-20 against Kansas and is tied with Michigan State's Tom Izzo for the most wins against Bill Self with 7 wins. (6 at Kansas and 1 at Illinois)

Self is 4-1 against Tennessee in his career.

Tennessee is 14-17 against the Big 12 conference.

Go Big Orange!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: VolnJC
Shoot 50% from the field and itll be a close game. Roll out one of those 20% games and itll be over with before half time. We have to get good looks for the right guys, limit turnovers and catch some luck. We'll be good enough defensively but I just dont see us scoring more than 50-55 in this game.

71-53 KU

Hope I'm wrong.

Hell, we need 50% from 3 to hang with this bunch.

With the two forwards out.....if I were Tennessee I would go right at Azubuike......at least for the entire first half (if he got 2 or 3 fouls I would keep doing it).

Tennessee could use Plavsic and Olivier to foul and try to get fouls......they should even go at him with Fulk to some extent.....but since they “have” Plavsic and Olivier.....that’s how I would use them for this game (at least a half).

“If” they could get him in foul trouble Kansas doesn’t have ANYone else.....other than some big guards.

Reactions: VolnJC
Throw everybody at Azubuike. Jancek has 5 fouls to burn. Barnes ought to tell him to ball up his fists and get after him as well.

TN needs to do everything possible to make Azubuike take all 6 one-and-one opportunities. Could be as good as 6 TOs.

Throw everybody at Azubuike. Jancek has 5 fouls to burn. Barnes ought to tell him to ball up his fists and get after him as well.

TN needs to do everything possible to make Azubuike take all 6 one-and-one opportunities. Could be as good as 6 TOs.

You have a strange obsession with walk-ons getting meaningful minutes. Lol.

I post about utilizing them possibly twice a month. That hardly qualifies as an obsession. TN has 25 fouls to use in the paint with Jancek's 5. Azubuike has 5 of them.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I just find it funny that you post about it way more than anyone else.

I do seriously doubt that any walk-ons get minutes against Kansas though, unless it's garbage time.

I think it’s a VERY easy over...
If we’ve turned the corner a little bit on O then yes I agree it will be over but I don’t think it’ll be easy. If it goes over it’ll happen in the last 3 minutes, maybe even the last minute. If we are back to not hitting the broad side of the barn then KU would have to hit 80.

Yeah but Az might score 15 while Jancek is getting his 5 fouls.

Always a chance that we go off from the three point line with Bowden and others. They might miss 25 three pointers like Vandy did. Gonna be tough but maybe it is our day to find a way.

VN Store

Back