Volnation Traffic

coffeevol

regular old member
I am just curious, @Freak how does the traffic on the site fluctuate and vary with different seasons? Right now it feels like apathy has crept in and the average fan seems to be caring much less than the previous coaches. So how has the traffic evolved in the past 12 years or so? If I was a betting man your peak was during Grudenmania and this feels like a "valley" to me........

I was wondering the same. Even went back to the game day threads and posts during Dooley's tenure.

Reactions: Volanta
I'm checking in to see if we gettin Gruden. Those have been the times on VN the past 15 years - the only reason to keep up w TN football imo.
Coaching changes are a cash cow for freak.

Reactions: joevol33
I am just curious, @Freak how does the traffic on the site fluctuate and vary with different seasons? Right now it feels like apathy has crept in and the average fan seems to be caring much less than the previous coaches. So how has the traffic evolved in the past 12 years or so? If I was a betting man your peak was during Grudenmania and this feels like a "valley" to me........
I think fans are more apathetic when we're in the middle of a mediocre season. If we're really good or really bad, traffic seems to be up. We have a portion of our fan base who doesn't come out of the woodwork until the firing discussion begins. Last I looked our traffic was a little down this month compared to last year, but up over two years ago.

Certainly, the coaching searches draw the most traffic. Kiffin leaving in the middle of the night also pretty much melted our servers at the time.

Last edited:
I think fans are more apathetic when we're in the middle of a mediocre season. If we're really good or really bad, traffic seems to be up. We have a portion of our fan base who doesn't come out of the woodwork until the firing discussion begins. Last I looked our traffic was a little down this month compared to last year, but up over two years ago.

Certainly, the coaching searches draw the most traffic. Kiffin leaving in the middle of the night also pretty much melted our servers at the time.
What about number of people joining the site? Are those numbers indicating anything compared to other years?

We used to get updates of The Rock by members posting pictures. Don't see that anymore and I'm wondering if any of the UT students are still joining the site, too.

Any way to compare volnation to other team's message boards? I'd love to see where we rank on that. I've only seen a few other sites, but from what I have seen, Volnation is far and away the best and most efficiently ran.

What about number of people joining the site? Are those numbers indicating anything compared to other years?

We used to get updates of The Rock by members posting pictures. Don't see that anymore and I'm wondering if any of the UT students are still joining the site, too.
I don't know about that for sure, but I doubt there's been anything very worthwhile on the rock lately. lol.

Reactions: Creekcat
Any way to compare volnation to other team's message boards? I'd love to see where we rank on that. I've only seen a few other sites, but from what I have seen, Volnation is far and away the best and most efficiently ran.
tenor.gif

Amen. If you want to appreciate what we have here, spend some time on other teams' message board.

Maybe Freak should be in charge of coaching searches???

I think a lot of the disparity seems to come from Analytics relying solely on cookie tracking for their counts, and the fact that they haven't been able implement cross-device linking or tracking access from the same device, but from different apps.

I know on our site in Analytics, we can generate 4 different unique visits on a single smart phone by opening the site in Chrome, a Twitter link, a Facebook app link, and an Instagram link.

The great artist doing The Rock graduated.
Now it is done by kids slopping paint.
Big difference in the work quality.

Reactions: Remy and McDad
The leading up to the Butch hire was unreal. I remember the server going down constantly.

VN Store

Back