VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 7

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Contest Home: 2021 VolNation Pick Contest

This week's Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Last week's results: CURRENT STANDINGS

Season Standings: SEASON STANDINGS

Welcome to the 17th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted usually on Sunday/Monday. I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

In order to be eligible to win, your user name for the contest, must match your VolNation user name. If you're reading this and don't have an account, you can register here. It's easy and it's free.

VolNation Registration

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really difficult for you to win the contest.

Submitted picks won't show on the site until I update everyone's entries over the weekend.

Lastly, there's still a bit of a visual bug where "your picks" shows on the left column of the picks entry page. As most have realized, that's not accurate. Your picks will populate in the far right column of the entry page.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

What do people think are most important stats when they compare teams?

I made a little predictive model for reference using just basic stats. But, since college football is absolutely crazy, it doesn't help much.

For instance, while I do agree with the model that Michigan is 2 TDs better than Nebraska, I've watched Harbaugh lose this sort game too many times. That stuff is hard to quantify. I guess I wouldn't be working if I could do that math.

This was last week's margin outputs.

Predicted Margin - Actual Margin - Missed Margin By
Vols +28 | +25 | 3
Oklahoma +2 | +7 | 5
Ole Miss +11 | +1 | 10
Iowa +2 | +3 | 1
Notre Dame -2 | won by 3 | 5
Kentucky +6 | + 21
Baylor +14 | + 25 | 11
Georgia Tech - 6 | won by 4 | 10
Virginia -6 | won by 1 | 7

Michigan +14 | +3 | 11

Last edited:
I’m amazed the final 3 picks have the 3 teams I’m a fan of.
The Cornhuskers
The Volunteers
UW Huskies

Ended up 4-6, will be surprised if anyone managed to get close to 10-0

Ended up 4-6, will be surprised if anyone managed to get close to 10-0
First saw you post this and thought...DANG that sucks.

Then I went and checked my own tally sheet...found out that I suck too at 4-6

Whoever went 10-0 or even 9-1 definitely deserves it this week.

Reactions: MAD
You-know-what-the-happiest-animal-on-earth-is-Its-a-goldfish.-You-know-why-Got-a-ten-second-me...jpg

Not even checking this week's picks and I can't remember if the Vols played recently.

I took Lasso's advice and drank like a goldfish all weekend. It works!!!!

Reactions: IndianaVol and MAD
I was doing pretty decent on the season. Was only low double digits off the lead, and I skipped Week1. I'm really not interested in this past week's lack of success being counted. My worst of the 6 weeks I have picked.

VN Store

Back