VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 13, Final week

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Contest Home: 2021 VolNation Pick Contest

This week's Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Last week's results: CURRENT STANDINGS

Season Standings: SEASON STANDINGS

Welcome to the 17th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted usually on Sunday/Monday. I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

In order to be eligible to win, your user name for the contest, must match your VolNation user name. If you're reading this and don't have an account, you can register here. It's easy and it's free.

VolNation Registration

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really difficult for you to win the contest.

Submitted picks won't show on the site until I update everyone's entries over the weekend.

Lastly, there's still a bit of a visual bug where "your picks" shows on the left column of the picks entry page. As most have realized, that's not accurate. Your picks will populate in the far right column of the entry page.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

I really hate to keep bringing it up and bragging....But, I missed week one and am only 13 off the lead. I so wish I had not missed that week. Even so, this could still be my best year ever. Now, to actually look at week 13 and possibly eat crow.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn and MAD
Not even doing homework this week. For the final hoorah, I totally went with first team to pop in my head. Looking for atleast 7 "should wins" to do their jobs, and maybe 3 slight upsets.

FSU, WF, Oh St, Mi St, UVA, Wisc, aTm, Ok St, UK, BYU.

Picked confidently as though I can make up 13 points on a 10 team pick and AF-Vol would go 0-10.

Reactions: MAD
Wait until you see my followup where I go 2-8.

A perfect week in a season of teams playing 'who wants to win', is definitely an impressive week. I certainly did not predict Oregon getting b***h slapped like a blue haired sissy.

UF - no need to sulk now that they got Mullen fired and well rested from sandbagging
WF - better than BC but not by much
Michigan - it's now or never - no real weaknesses - TOs the difference
Penn State - Michigan St D is going to fold
UVA - haven't got a UVA or Va Tech pick right all year so being able to miss both with only one loss is a real boon
Wisc - not sure the gophers can score here
aTm - what's coach O's girlfriend wearing, will she get to call plays, and how long does she wait to break it off after he's fired
Ok St - more consistent and engaged team
UK - just can't get the turnover yips again and they are good
BYU - USC = 5 times the talent and tenth of the fight

UF - no need to sulk now that they got Mullen fired and well rested from sandbagging
WF - better than BC but not by much
Michigan - it's now or never - no real weaknesses - TOs the difference
Penn State - Michigan St D is going to fold
UVA - haven't got a UVA or Va Tech pick right all year so being able to miss both with only one loss is a real boon
Wisc - not sure the gophers can score here
aTm - what's coach O's girlfriend wearing, will she get to call plays, and how long does she wait to break it off after he's fired
Ok St - more consistent and engaged team
UK - just can't get the turnover yips again and they are good
BYU - USC = 5 times the talent and tenth of the fight
Nice try but you missed at least 5. AF_Vol is ghosting this thread trying to decipher what everyone else is doing. Good thing you picked the same ones I did!

Nice try but you missed at least 5. AF_Vol is ghosting this thread trying to decipher what everyone else is doing. Good thing you picked the same ones I did!

Haha...I actually don't like seeing other peoples picks because I don't want it to influence mine. Although after last week, I might need to.

Reactions: Rifleman
I think VolStrom has one of those "Back to the Future 2" sports almanacs. If you went to Vegas and went 10 for 10 they'd have Rocko and Vinnie pay you a visit. Joking of course; Excellent prognosticating.

I'll be a little disappointed if I don't miss 5 or more the way this season has gone. I don't want to go into bowl season thinking I have a clue.

I'll be a little disappointed if I don't miss 5 or more the way this season has gone. I don't want to go into bowl season thinking I have a clue.
I totally expect to go 2-8 or 3-7 at best this week. Bowl season is a crap shoot as the best you can do is try and figure out which team is happy to be there and which team has mailed it in.

I totally expect to go 2-8 or 3-7 at best this week. Bowl season is a crap shoot as the best you can do is try and figure out which team is happy to be there and which team has mailed it in.
True! Bowls are much harder to predict.

Reactions: IndianaVol

VN Store

Back