Volnation Ambassadors

dan4vols

VN GURU
Oklavol and I cover Oklahoma. If you reside out of state, shout out what state and lets see how many states does Knoxville have ties to.

I am here in Georgia, but I am the understudy to GAVol, he clearly has the lead here in puppydawg country.

Here in Southern Middle Tn we have lots of Bammer, Vandy, and MTSU fans so the ninja is an in-state ambassador of sorts...gotta keep em straight down here!

He met his wife on the internet and relocated for her. They now have a little boy and are very happy.

Seems like a good enough thread to ask this... how'd you out-of-staters become UT fans? Used to live here? Went to school at UTK? Family connections?

Just curious. :rock:

(tidwell @ Dec 26 said:
Seems like a good enough thread to ask this... how'd you out-of-staters become UT fans? Used to live here? Went to school at UTK? Family connections?

Good question!!

(tidwell @ Dec 26 said:

We lived in Nashville until I was 12 and it was in our blood to cheer for UT :clapping:

(Rocky Top @ Dec 26 said:
We lived in Nashville until I was 12 and it was in our blood to cheer for UT :clapping:

Cool.

My Dad is an Ohio State fan, so it's a wonder I didn't become a Buckeye fan... cheering for the school named after my home state just seemed like the way to go whenever I started paying attention to sports.

Yeah I know what you mean, living in Clay City I'm in the middle of Hoosier and Boilermaker Country.

I would be a Vol fan no matter where I lived. I have tried following other teams in other sports, but I just can't make myself care about it.

(Rocky Top @ Dec 26 said:
Yeah I know what you mean, living in Clay City I'm in the middle of Hoosier and Boilermaker Country.
You're not too far from Bloomington, right... I'm going there tomorrow. I'm a few blocks away from the RCA Dome right now, staying in the Canterburry Hotel. Just had dinner at St. Elmo.

I'm a huge Montana Grizzlies, University of Oregon, and Northern Arizona fan.

But, then, you probably already felt sorry for me for other reasons.....

(MemphisVol @ Dec 26 said:
I'm a huge Montana Grizzlies, University of Oregon, and Northern Arizona fan.

But, then, you probably already felt sorry for me for other reasons.....

I ain't sayin' a word.

:biggrin2:

Reside in Delaware, Ohio.

None of you have it as bad as I do surrounded by Ohio State fans!

:biggrin2:

Fortunately I am back in Tennessee comfortably surrounded by fellow UT fans but I was in Georgia for most of the 1990s. We never lost to UGA while I was living there and I learned to be a gracious fan (beleive me, regular beatings would have come my way if I constantly crowed about UT supremacy). It was kind of fun being in hostile territory because there were not many of us big orange fans and we tended to seek each other out on game days.

(milohimself @ Dec 26 said:
You're not too far from Bloomington, right... I'm going there tomorrow. I'm a few blocks away from the RCA Dome right now, staying in the Canterburry Hotel. Just had dinner at St. Elmo.

I'm about an hour west of Bloomington. St. Elmo's is a GREAT place to eat my friend.

I've got VA covered... Born and raised in Knoxville and will always be a loyal fan!

(Rocky Top @ Dec 27 said:
I'm about an hour west of Bloomington. St. Elmo's is a GREAT place to eat my friend.
My girlfriend usually drags me to the US Grand Prix (thankfully we were not there for the fiasco this year). We like St. Elmo's but my favorite place in downtown Indy is a below street level martini and cigar bar about 1/2 block from the monument circle. The place is kind of smelly from stale cigar smoke but the atmosphere is great.

VN Store

Back