Volleyball wraps up the home portion of the abreviated season Friday and Saturday.

StrangeVol

Everywhere I look there are gamecocks flying around. Appalling!

Tonight at 7:00 on the SECNetwork the Lady Vols (1-3) face South Carolina (3-1) at TBA. It's also Senior Night and our lone Senior Maryville's Madison Coulter, (great photo here: Volleyball Preview: Lady Vols Close Homestand with Back-to-Back Against South Carolina - University of Tennessee Athletics ) will be moving on after 3 years as our libero and will be greatly missed by both fans and teammates alike. I hate to see her go, she's a good one. :)

Tomorrow night the two teams square off again at 5:00 on SECN+. Hopefully, we can open a can of whoop butt on the South Carolina girls and send them home missing several tail feathers.

This two-set match closes out the home portion of the shortened volleyball season. With no SEC Volleyball tournament (don't know why) we'll have to wait 'til Spring to see if we are seeded in the NCAA tournament, which, imo, is not likely.

If, you can, get over to TBA for at least one match and show the girls some love! :)

Everywhere I look there are gamecocks flying around. Appalling!

Tonight at 7:00 on the SECNetwork the Lady Vols (1-3) face South Carolina (3-1) at TBA. It's also Senior Night and our lone Senior Maryville's Madison Coulter, (great photo here: Volleyball Preview: Lady Vols Close Homestand with Back-to-Back Against South Carolina - University of Tennessee Athletics ) will be moving on after 3 years as our libero and will be greatly missed by both fans and teammates alike. I hate to see her go, she's a good one. :)

Tomorrow night the two teams square off again at 5:00 on SECN+. Hopefully, we can open a can of whoop butt on the South Carolina girls and send them home missing several tail feathers.

This two-set match closes out the home portion of the shortened volleyball season. With no SEC Volleyball tournament (don't know why) we'll have to wait 'til Spring to see if we are seeded in the NCAA tournament, which, imo, is not likely.

If, you can, get over to TBA for at least one match and show the girls some love! :)
The LadyVols' volleyball regular season doesn't end in the fall as you stated. If the NCAA approves current plans, the regular season continues on January 22, 2021 and the Lady Vols will have 6 more SEC opponents (2 matches against each) before the teams are picked for the NCAA tourney. Why UT is having a senior night for Madison Coulter against South Carolina I don't know. She has 6 more home matches to play starting in January if plans go through.

The LadyVols' volleyball regular season doesn't end in the fall as you stated. If the NCAA approves current plans, the regular season continues on January 22, 2021 and the Lady Vols will have 6 more SEC opponents (2 matches against each) before the teams are picked for the NCAA tourney. Why UT is having a senior night for Madison Coulter against South Carolina I don't know. She has 6 more home matches to play starting in January if plans go through.

While you may be correct at some point in the future, at present there are no future games scheduled other than our road game against Auburn, November 18th and 19th. While I do appreciate your eagerness to contribute to the topic, let's not get the cart before the horse, okay?

Last edited:
Hopefully, we can open a can of whoop butt on the South Carolina girls and send them home missing several tail feathers.

LOL! A can of "whoop butt"? Sorry, that just doesn't have quite the ring to it as "open up a can of whoop-ass on them!"

Now that was a very nice win! Lit them up in 4 sets. One thing is for sure...Lily Felts is the TRUTH!!! It's not only her kills but watch her digs and passes and occasional blocks. The girl has a complete game. Ava Bell is impressive now that she is well. Danielle Mahaffey just keeps getting better from the right side and Cool, calm, and collected Jasmine Brooks is too good the be a Freshman.

Adding Natalie Hayward as our primary setter is a major improvement. How often does a transfer get voted a team captain her first season? Not very often I'd bet. The girl can play and is a natural leader.

I think it's a shame that the season is so short and I really hope the much talked about Spring season comes to pass. We have a good team and they are finding their game. Expect better results to come! :)

Reactions: sccshortstop
Well the lady vols shot their pants tonight! SC beat them 3-0 . I never thought we would win the match but a sweep not really. We did not or could not get Lily Felts in the flow the first two sets and in the 3rd she showed out with kill after kill, just not much help. Not sure if SC is a whole lot better than us but they were ranked 15th, albeit that dont say much with the big conferences setting out . I really want them to let the big 6 4 girl get more playing time than she got. Play her since she is a RS freshman and coming up. JMHO

Reactions: StrangeVol
When, when, when will I ever learn not to get too excited and brag too much on the girls? It seems to almost never fail that they lay an egg the next time out. And they did it again. *groan*

The only real bright spot was, you guessed it, Lily again. Another double double. Ho-hum, just another SEC match for an undersized outside hitter. No biggie.

VN Store

Back