Volleyball tonight on ESPNU @ 7:00. Hosting South Carolina!

StrangeVol

This is one of those matches that kinda matters. Not really a "must win" but definitely a "really would love to win." With the season drifting toward an end with just 9 matches left before the tournaments, and South Carolina at 6 & 3, just one behind our 7 & 2 league mark, we need to push them down and increase our league standing to 8 & 2 which would put us in a tie for 3rd with Mizzou.

This should be another fun match to watch. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this reminder! I, on the other hand, feel that a win tonight is necessary for postseason NCAA opportunities for several reasons.

Of course, there is no SEC Tournament in volleyball, so your hope rests on your regular season success. Only 4 SEC teams made the NCAA Tournament last year, so the SEC already is not highly esteemed in the sport. A homecourt loss to an unranked (although quality) team would not be attractive.

Tennessee still has some difficult road matches as well (at Mizzou, Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss,...)--all winnable but challenging. I think many of the teams view Florida and Kentucky as vulnerable and "catchable", so everyone is clamoring for notoriety. Florida and Texas A&M at home are formidable as well.

Therefore, I hope Tennessee can come out healthy and authoritative tonight and take this win. This is a fun sport to follow, and we have a spirited, competitive team that is currently overachieving according to the "experts'" predictions.

Thanks for posting this reminder! I, on the other hand, feel that a win tonight is necessary for postseason NCAA opportunities for several reasons.

Of course, there is no SEC Tournament in volleyball, so your hope rests on your regular season success. Only 4 SEC teams made the NCAA Tournament last year, so the SEC already is not highly esteemed in the sport. A homecourt loss to an unranked (although quality) team would not be attractive.

Tennessee still has some difficult road matches as well (at Mizzou, Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss,...)--all winnable but challenging. I think many of the teams view Florida and Kentucky as vulnerable and "catchable", so everyone is clamoring for notoriety. Florida and Texas A&M at home are formidable as well.

Therefore, I hope Tennessee can come out healthy and authoritative tonight and take this win. This is a fun sport to follow, and we have a spirited, competitive team that is currently overachieving according to the "experts'" predictions.

I'm really pleased at how well our girls are preforming and I think Coach Rackham is doing an excellent job. If we can stay healthy down the home stretch I think we'll make the top 25 and get a bid. Catching Kentucky probably can be done but like the dog that caught the car, what the heck can you do with 'em when you catch 'em. They are really strong. Florida not so much to me but probably catchable.

Maybe it's time for the SEC to start thinking about a tournament.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Good match, good win

3-0 Lady Vols

I feel like the team is getting better every time I see them play and I’m really happy to have coach Rackham

Reactions: StrangeVol
Good match, good win

3-0 Lady Vols

I feel like the team is getting better every time I see them play and I’m really happy to have coach Rackham

wow this coach is wonderful and serves a quick promotion. I never saw volleyball team Pass this stage.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Totally agree with all the above and that second set showed how mentally strong they are. They are also fun to watch and they ARE good! :)

I'm really pleased at how well our girls are preforming and I think Coach Rackham is doing an excellent job. If we can stay healthy down the home stretch I think we'll make the top 25 and get a bid. Catching Kentucky probably can be done but like the dog that caught the car, what the heck can you do with 'em when you catch 'em. They are really strong. Florida not so much to me but probably catchable.

Maybe it's time for the SEC to start thinking about a tournament.

The SEC did away with the tournament after 2005 after bubble teams were left out of the NCAA Tournament three straight years after losses in the event. I don't expect it to ever return, particularly when the soccer and softball coaches in the league are clamoring to get rid of theirs, and the only thing keeping those events intact are existing contracts with either venues or TV.

The SEC did away with the tournament after 2005 after bubble teams were left out of the NCAA Tournament three straight years after losses in the event. I don't expect it to ever return, particularly when the soccer and softball coaches in the league are clamoring to get rid of theirs, and the only thing keeping those events intact are existing contracts with either venues or TV.
Did not know that DP and thanks!

VN Store

Back