Volgram (Photo Thread)

Are you guys getting better reviews now?
Yes, things are much better. We've cleansed most of the crap from the old owner from the shop, and are in the midst of a rebrand so we'll finally be our own. We've really gotten the social media stuff down, and we're just plain better at doing most of our products. It's been a trip but we're growing very well- it's the slow season for restaurants and our sales are already better than the busy seasons of the past, so I can't wait to see how things go when we actually hit warm weather and busy times!

EDIT: the last bad reviews we have had had nothing to do with products- one lady left us a bad review on Google because we were sold out on the day she came by (sorry, we bake fresh stuff daily and like all decent and reputable bakeries that do stuff right sometimes sellouts happen), and another lady was very rude to my wife while we were in the shop and my wife asked her (politely) to leave.

EDIT: the last bad reviews we have had had nothing to do with products- one lady left us a bad review on Google because we were sold out on the day she came by (sorry, we bake fresh stuff daily and like all decent and reputable bakeries that do stuff right sometimes sellouts happen), and another lady was very rude to my wife while we were in the shop and my wife asked her (politely) to leave.

Some people are born assholes, and just get bigger when they grow up.

Where's your shop? Would love to try some.

Some people are born assholes, and just get bigger when they grow up.

Where's your shop? Would love to try some.
I'm hesitant to post exact details since it's my wife's business and I don't want her to deal with any repercussions from my impassioned posts during UT games, but it's in the western part of Virginia. If you're ever in that third of the state or nearby I can share my email address here briefly and we can connect- that goes for anyone.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I'm hesitant to post exact details since it's my wife's business and I don't want her to deal with any repercussions from my impassioned posts during UT games, but it's in the western part of Virginia. If you're ever in that third of the state or nearby I can share my email address here briefly and we can connect- that goes for anyone.

I'm pretty sure I have figured it out, but I'd hate to go try and have to leave my honest review since I am a Yelper. :p My husband's cousin owns a gourmet donut shop, and it has mixed reviews, I'd say mostly on the better side though. But if you are used to a krispy Kreme/dunkin donut place and want that, you are not going to understand the gourmet process, flavors, and cost. I have not reviewed them, but personally I would give them a 3. They are great donuts if you can get them, but sometimes they run out very early and have not had the best customer service. It has been a couple years since we have gone back, so hopefully they have fixed those things.

Took my dad's Corvette to the expo in Pigeon Forge. This is us lined up to take the cruise across Foothills Parkway and Tail of the Dragon. Included over 300 Corvettes on the cruise. Mine is the red one on the left, not the Z06, but that was one badass Vette.
20190315_161552.jpg

bacon shine

So, my son-in-law made a gift to me of the commercial offering, Popcorn Sutton's Original Recipe. Having had Popcorn Sutton's white whiskey back in the 70s, I'm thinkin' it falls short. So, should I place some cooked bacon in a jar, add some white whiskey, and let it sit for a bit?

So, my son-in-law made a gift to me of the commercial offering, Popcorn Sutton's Original Recipe. Having had Popcorn Sutton's white whiskey back in the 70s, I'm thinkin' it falls short. So, should I place some cooked bacon in a jar, add some white whiskey, and let it sit for a bit?

Make sure to use good shine (heart of the run).... Add bacon (not burnt) to clear jar quart or pint. Store in you kitchen cabinet where you keep your drinking glasses (have everyone give it a good shake each time they open the cabinet). Do that for at least 2-weeks.

Remove bacon and strain a couple of times, then store in the freezer. Any residual bacon fat will surface and freeze and you can skim it off. Do that a few times and then enjoy.

Be Safe,

CH_V

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back