Vol RB Jeremy Banks Focusing on What’s Crucial..

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
From a recent article:

He know what his burden was last year, and is adamant that he’ll fix it..The story indicates that Banks will start out this Spring at RB.

"This is my football," Banks' note read. "There are many like it, but this one is mine. My football is the heart beat of the team. I will master carrying it as I must master my life. I must carry my football with 4 points of pressure at all times. When in battle there's always a threat, own the ball, cross on contact ... Lock theory."

Does this indicate a position change? There are only 2 or 3 RBs his size in the Rivals Top 250 for '20. I would really like to see him on offense if we are good at LB.

Does this indicate a position change? There are only 2 or 3 RBs his size in the Rivals Top 250 for '20. I would really like to see him on offense if we are good at LB.

He took some practice reps at LB during the season, but has never been categorized as a LB. UT coaches and his former high school coach are doing their best to help Jeremy understand the importance of ball security. JB is embracing it. I applaud the staff for helping him alleviate the problem and not giving up on him..

He played at 6’1 210 last year iirc. Not exactly a jumbo sized running back. I’d personally like to see him move to defense because of his toughness and mentality. Plus, only so many touches he can get on offense with Chandler and Gray ahead of him....whereas if he can get in the LB rotation, he can potentially make more of an impact.

However, perhaps landing Henry and Crouch in this last class completely changed our LB dynamic and Jeremy now has the most value as a changeup RB. Will be interested to see how it plays out.

OP if you can, please include the link. I'd like to see the rest of the article. TIA

Damn I get what he means, but his comparison is a little much don’t you think?

As long as he knows the difference!

FilthyGenerousArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

He played at 6’1 210 last year iirc. Not exactly a jumbo sized running back. I’d personally like to see him move to defense because of his toughness and mentality. Plus, only so many touches he can get on offense with Chandler and Gray ahead of him....whereas if he can get in the LB rotation, he can potentially make more of an impact.

However, perhaps landing Henry and Crouch in this last class completely changed our LB dynamic and Jeremy now has the most value as a changeup RB. Will be interested to see how it plays out.

Throw Peterson in to that mix and we should be at least capable at LB.

I like him at RB and that position group is thin numbers wise. LB unit has improved considerably through recruiting and have numbers now. I suspect he'll stay at RB and can get some carries if he can hold on to the football. We need someone with his style of running in order to lean on teams when we need to.

Liked it, and then replied to it, because this is exactly the type of critical thinking that you see from a VN poster who actually knows what they are talking about.

Go Vols.

Reactions: Woke
He took some practice reps at LB during the season, but has never been categorized as a LB. UT coaches and his former high school coach are doing their best to help Jeremy understand the importance of ball security. JB is embracing it. I applaud the staff for helping him alleviate the problem and not giving up on him..

Too big of a running/catching/blocking threat to give up on. Has prototypical size and speed that Pruitt wants at RB.

Kid will be good this year. Also, he gives us a back who you can give the ball to and can gain yardage in any situation.

Reactions: LibertyVolance

VN Store

Back