VOL RB Commitment bumped to 4*

I honestly havent saw much of this kids film yet. I was far more focused on Cody Brown. Whats your take on Tiyon Evans?

This is good I guess, but how do player rankings change in the middle of a pandemic when no is playing, going to camps, or doing anything to show they're any better or worse than before? They've lost me with these rankings. I declare SHENANIGANS!!!!!

Reactions: Evergrenevol
This is good I guess, but how do player rankings change in the middle of a pandemic when no is playing, going to camps, or doing anything to show they're any better or worse than before? They've lost me with these rankings. I declare SHENANIGANS!!!!!
A few things are most likely driving these changes. Offer list, reviewing available film more than usual, committed kids being less "interesting" compared to uncommitted kids and of course, everyone hates us?

1. Some tabloids are just getting around to evaluating some of the kids.
2. Some Recruiting Services jack-up recruits’ ratings who have pledged to the highest ranked teams, and drop ratings of Recruits who pledge to lesser ranked teams. It gives the appearance that they know what they’re doing. Many of the recruiting experts have never put on a jock strap.
3. Remember this: Our coaches have been evaluating prospects for this year and for the next 3 years. They are very good at what they do. At the end of the day, D1 coaches across the Country know who the best recruits are. The key is getting the ones who fit your program. CLEARLY, our staff knows how to evaluate talent and they know how to reel the best ones in......

giphy.gif

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
1. Some tabloids are just getting around to evaluating some of the kids.
2. Some Recruiting Services jack-up recruits’ ratings who have pledged to the highest ranked teams, and drop ratings of Recruits who pledge to lesser ranked teams. It gives the appearance that they know what they’re doing. Many of the recruiting experts have never put on a jock strap.
3. Remember this: Our coaches have been evaluating prospects for this year and for the next 3 years. They are very good at what they do. At the end of the day, D1 coaches across the Country know who the best recruits are. The key is getting the ones who fit your program. CLEARLY, our staff knows how to evaluate talent and they know how to reel the best ones in......

To your point, I do trust Pruitt and staff more than these services. I don't put as much trust in these services as many seem to, but I guess until we have a better way of gauging where we're at relative to everyone else we're stuck with what we've got.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
To your point, I do trust Pruitt and staff more than these services. I don't put as much trust in these services as many seem to, but I guess until we have a better way of gauging where we're at relative to everyone else we're stuck with what we've got.

I think our results on the field will gauge where we are

Cobb/Webb/ Thompson.

What a loaded backfield that was. Nearly nobody outside Tennessee even knew who Tony T. Was until he stepped in and ran over everyone. We have had a stable of great backs at UT in the last 30 to 40 years.

Edit:..

We have and will have a stable full NOW. 3 or 4 good backs this year and 2 more beasts coming next year. Cant wait. Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back