Vol girl fans thread

giphy.gif

did your daughter get vaccinated ?
Oh yeah, she got stuck in December of last year (physician.) They were “trying” long before COVID. I was really nervous about her getting pregnant before she could be vaccinated.

I don’t know anyone personally (as opposed to here on VN, for instance), who isn’t vaccinated. But then, I’m a bit of a hermit, I suppose. 🤪

Congrats to your daughter! (and you!) I’m glad she’s talking to her doctor. COVID can be pretty horrible when you’re pregnant, both for mom and baby.

Reactions: 508mikey
Okay grandmas in here, my granddaughter finally told me she’s bisexual. Oh course I told her that I love her for who she is and that she should be who she is and had my complete support and ear anytime she needs it. This will be navigating new territory for me, any advice is appreciated.

Okay grandmas in here, my granddaughter finally told me she’s bisexual. Oh course I told her that I love her for who she is and that she should be who she is and had my complete support and ear anytime she needs it. This will be navigating new territory for me, any advice is appreciated.
Sounds like you’re already doing it!

This organization has been around a (relatively) long time: PFLAG Even Dear Abby/ Ann Landers used to mention it.

And maybe find out if her school has a straight-gay friendship club. It would be good for her to have support against bullying etc., although it seems that a greater proportion of kids these days are supportive of their friends.

And maybe let her know that she can also come to you about bullying and similar issues. The suicide rate among these kids is terrifying.

I’ll ask some people I know about other ideas and let you know if I hear anything useful.

Sounds like you’re already doing it!

This organization has been around a (relatively) long time: PFLAG Even Dear Abby/ Ann Landers used to mention it.

And maybe find out if her school has a straight-gay friendship club. It would be good for her to have support against bullying etc., although it seems that a greater proportion of kids these days are supportive of their friends.

And maybe let her know that she can also come to you about bullying and similar issues. The suicide rate among these kids is terrifying.

I’ll ask some people I know about other ideas and let you know if I hear anything useful.
They live in small town USA and part of the Bible Belt, never mind the rapid drug usage there😒. I am a Christian, but I don’t believe in beating anyone over the head with “believe the way I do or else” While kids her age are growing more acceptive, adults can be cruel, and G_d help any of them that hurt her. I’ll look into PFLAG. I’ll need all the knowledge I can get.

They live in small town USA and part of the Bible Belt, never mind the rapid drug usage there😒. I am a Christian, but I don’t believe in beating anyone over the head with “believe the way I do or else” While kids her age are growing more acceptive, adults can be cruel, and G_d help any of them that hurt her. I’ll look into PFLAG. I’ll need all the knowledge I can get.
I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer advice wise.

But you can't go wrong just loving her. ❤

That’s what I figure.
Remind me how old she is, or in what grade? And has she been doing pretty much ok in school and other areas? IIRC she’s in middle school or thereabouts, which tends to be a pretty awful time for anyone. I’m hoping to get some specific info/advice

Remind me how old she is, or in what grade? And has she been doing pretty much ok in school and other areas? IIRC she’s in middle school or thereabouts, which tends to be a pretty awful time for anyone. I’m hoping to get some specific info/advice
13 and 8th grade. She chose to do remote learning this year. When she told me that, I didn’t say anything at the time, but I thought it was a lot for her before she had to face the dreaded high school freshman thingy next year, we remember that don’t we?, plus a new baby brother and a mother that’s going through the rigors of post baby no sleep stuff and now I understand why she is shying away from being in school. She’s one smart cookie. Not just book smart, but people and situational smart. 😏

It looks like he’s a redhead. Do you think that will last?
My son came out strawberry blonde and I threw out every pray I could think of that Dad’s blond would take hold. It did, but as he got older, the red took dominance. I’m kinda in biting my fingernails he doesn’t have that as a boy but still might be chest thumping because of it.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back