Vol girl fans thread

Serious question for the girls. My hair will not grow. It’s still long but it hasn’t grown since I had Covid. I go to the hairdresser to have a tune up and trim. It’ll grow back to the original length and then stop. I’ve tried multiple shampoos, conditioners, and supplements. Still nothing. My hairdresser suggested prenatal vitamins 🙄. That seems ridiculous at my age. Anyone had this problem and suggestions?

Serious question for the girls. My hair will not grow. It’s still long but it hasn’t grown since I had Covid. I go to the hairdresser to have a tune up and trim. It’ll grow back to the original length and then stop. I’ve tried multiple shampoos, conditioners, and supplements. Still nothing. My hairdresser suggested prenatal vitamins 🙄. That seems ridiculous at my age. Anyone had this problem and suggestions?
Hmmm, no. Mine keeps growing although looks ratty as hell due to split ends and other damage, but your hair girl would know if that was the problem.

Yet another weird Covid thing??

There’s a ton of articles about post-Covid hair loss, but not grows and then stops. But maybe it’s related.

I don’t think that pre-natal vitamins are a terrible idea, as long as they don’t have so much iron that they make you nauseated…

Hmmm, no. Mine keeps growing although looks ratty as hell due to split ends and other damage, but your hair girl would know if that was the problem.

Yet another weird Covid thing??
I’m guessing it is, my hair was below the middle of my back before. Now, it’s only 3 inches below my shoulders and that’s it’s apparent safe length.

There’s a ton of articles about post-Covid hair loss, but not grows and then stops. But maybe it’s related.

I don’t think that pre-natal vitamins are a terrible idea, as long as they don’t have so much iron that they make you nauseated…
I’ve always been a low iron person

No idea! I have issues with hair being everywhere. I shed as badly as Rocky.

It does seem that, like high fevers, Covid disrupts telomeres, so quickly-regenerating tissues like hair are affected. Maybe your body is strong enough to not be severely affected (hair falling out in clumps,) but it’s slow to start new hair follicles (and maybe??? maintain current ones.)

Completely spit-balling here, lol. But it’s an interesting coincidence.

It does seem that, like high fevers, Covid disrupts telomeres, so quickly-regenerating tissues like hair are affected. Maybe your body is strong enough to not be severely affected (hair falling out in clumps,) but it’s slow to start new hair follicles (and maybe??? maintain current ones.)

Completely spit-balling here, lol. But it’s an interesting coincidence.
Huh, admittedly, I haven’t researched, it wasn’t something I wanted to revisit in any form. I will say that my methods have created more opportunities to use the razor for my legs. We just love that, don’t we?

Huh, admittedly, I haven’t researched, it wasn’t something I wanted to revisit in any form. I will say that my methods have created more opportunities to use the razor for my legs. We just love that, don’t we?
For some reason, Hubs leg hair disappeared about ten years ago. They worked him up for circulatory problems, but nothing there. Mine just keeps on coming.

I am incensed.

Mine slowed down as I aged. I don't understand how I shed and still have so much freaking hair. But I don't think it grows length as fast as it used to.

Do you take collagen?

Mine slowed down as I aged. I don't understand how I shed and still have so much freaking hair. But I don't think it grows length as fast as it used to.

Do you take collagen?
No, does that help? G_d help me. The women and men on my mother’s side have a tendency to stop growing hair at a certain age (old). My grandmother always said it was from the Indian heritage. Once again, I’ve been lazy and have never looked that up to see. If collagen would help, I’ll try it.

Reactions: VolNExile
No, does that help? G_d help me. The women and men on my mother’s side have a tendency to stop growing hair at a certain age (old). My grandmother always said it was from the Indian heritage. Once again, I’ve been lazy and have never looked that up to see. If collagen would help, I’ll try it.
It can't hurt. Get something like this. Good for your joints too. If you notice discomfort after a few weeks, stop taking it.
CP10HAVCV31_600x.png

Also, my great-grandmother was 1/4 Cherokee. My grandfather and all three of his sons barely grew facial hair, no chest hair, and PawPaw's hair was snow white. I am getting the snow white hair (covered by color) but I guess the lack of facial hair skipped a generation.
1624406782105.jpeg

It can't hurt. Get something like this. Good for your joints too. If you notice discomfort after a few weeks, stop taking it.
CP10HAVCV31_600x.png

Also, my great-grandmother was 1/4 Cherokee. My grandfather and all three of his sons barely grew facial hair, no chest hair, and PawPaw's hair was snow white. I am getting the snow white hair (covered by color) but I guess the lack of facial hair skipped a generation.
View attachment 375845
I feel for you and completely understand. My brother has no hair to speak of anywhere, but likes to point to a few sprigs on his chin he’s been harvesting for as long as I can remember. The trade off of non hair growth on legs and underarms is to facial. 😞

Reactions: VolNExile
Maybe it’s for us the equivalent of guys losing hair on their scalps, only to have it erupt from their nostrils, ears, eyebrows, shoulders, and backs.

Hair just seems to move southwards.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
I realized while I was in Kingsport that I hadn’t heard anything about a baby shower for my DIL. There was one for her at work and it was a disaster, she has a large family and I thought they would do it. Nope. Poor girl is discouraged. You girls know it has little to do with what gifts you receive, it’s all about the attention before it all goes to the baby. I’m going to throw one for her and if y’all have read my posts, I’m not a girly girl, far from it. I’ve got a posse of buds to guide me, other than that, I don’t have a clue.

I realized while I was in Kingsport that I hadn’t heard anything about a baby shower for my DIL. There was one for her at work and it was a disaster, she has a large family and I thought they would do it. Nope. Poor girl is discouraged. You girls know it has little to do with what gifts you receive, it’s all about the attention before it all goes to the baby. I’m going to throw one for her and if y’all have read my posts, I’m not a girly girl, far from it. I’ve got a posse of buds to guide me, other than that, I don’t have a clue.
You’re a brave woman! I know it will be great.

Just one thing: no gender reveal…

VN Store

Back