Vitello

I hadn't commented before now, but I have to admit the thought occurred to me that Mainieri may have been told to walk back the unflattering comments he made about the Tennessee baseball team "not handling things with a lot of class" if the LSU AD told him he might want to look at Vitello as his replacement and didn't want the fans to hate the idea of hiring a coach with no class. Mainieri apologized and explained it away pretty quickly. Made me think.

I hadn't commented before now, but I have to admit the thought occurred to me that Mainieri may have been told to walk back the unflattering comments he made about the Tennessee baseball team "not handling things with a lot of class" if the LSU AD told him he might want to look at Vitello as his replacement and didn't want the fans to hate the idea of hiring a coach with no class. Mainieri apologized and explained it away pretty quickly. Made me think.
i don't think Manieri's thoughts on Vitello matter to Woodward at all, nor would it keep Vitello from going there. Our two best football coaches of the last 50 years hated each other.

Reactions: MAD

I think he did that to try and ease the abuse he was about to get from a jacked up regional mob at LNS, LOL

If I had to guess, I suspect Tony V's focus was on the CWS and not his contract situation. I'm sure the last thing he'd want would be to distract the team or take any of the spotlight from the team. Now that the season is over, I think he and UT will be able to sit down and finalize the details especially as it pertains to staff salary and facility upgrades. Hell, the guy just got off the stinkin' bus. If more than a couple of weeks passes with no deal, then I'll be concerned. Frankly, I won't be surprised if things don't get done by the weekend. FWIW, he sure didn't sound like a guy with one foot out the door coming from the bus area just a bit ago. He's our coach until he ain't.

If I had to guess, I suspect Tony V's focus was on the CWS and not his contract situation. I'm sure the last thing he'd want would be to distract the team or take any of the spotlight from the team. Now that the season is over, I think he and UT will be able to sit down and finalize the details especially as it pertains to staff salary and facility upgrades. Hell, the guy just got off the stinkin' bus. If more than a couple of weeks passes with no deal, then I'll be concerned. Frankly, I won't be surprised if things don't get done by the weekend. FWIW, he sure didn't sound like a guy with one foot out the door coming from the bus area just a bit ago. He's our coach until he ain't.

100% agree

Reactions: AllVolinGA
4:30 Press Conference

tenor.gif

or is it 4:30m CT?

Question for the baseball regulars, I admit I've only been following for a month or so. Tony V seems like very much a players coach and while I haven't been watching long, I have yet to see him lay in to the guys like Vandys coach just did. They got their ass chewed and came out and hit a HR. Does Tony V have that in him or does he direct his frustration solely on the umps? I feel like our guys could benefit from an ass chewing every now and then

VN Store

Back