Vitale

I agree completely with the majority. He is atrocious, and he’s the only announcer that I mute during the game. I didn’t get the ESPN video synced with the radio broadcast until the 2nd half. This year has been even worse since he’s not at the game. It seems as if he rambles endlessly about non-game related topics much more frequently now.

Annoying but has been a big part in the growth and popularity of college basketball the last 30 years. Needs new cliches been using the same ones for 30 years.

Vollifer1949,Vitale is not a nice person.I worked at TPC Prestancia in the late.1998-2001.His house.was on the 12th fairway.A pompous ass is a kind.description of him.If the camera.is not on him,he has no use for anyone.The only time he would say.anything to the golf.course workers was when his bb magazine.would.come out and he passed.out copies.as.he rode.by in his golf cart.

Last edited:
Vitale has been great for college basketball as a personality but his propensity to suck up to the blue bloods is tiresome and he has never been a good announcer. He has raised a ton of money for cancer initiatives which is excellent, but otherwise he should retire or at least not be asked to broadcast games. He often doesn’t even pay attention and goes off on random topics often.

The problem with Vitale calling TN games is that if we mute and sync up the radio call we are stuck with awful Bob Kesling. It's like picking between explosive diarrhea or explosive diarrhea.

I’ve never liked the guy.

He slobbers over the Blue Blood schools or anyone else that’s winning.

True definition of a bandwagon fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyVol
Anytime you feel like nobody could be worse than Vitale, try listening to Walton for a few minutes.

"______is the greatest player in western civilization"
"Conference of Champions"
"Michael Jordan was a close 3rd behind Larry Bird and Kareem"

Reactions: savannahfan
By no means am I a big BK fan, but mute the TV and sync up with the UT Sports radio feed if Vitale is on the call. I'll take our local guys all day. At least you might know what's going on in the game.

Dick Vitale is the Lee Corso of college basketball.

All things considered, Vitale makes Corso look almost competent and just a bit more bearable. In that respect, Vitale has a measure of success. If you can call it that. However it takes effort.

VN Store

Back