Vitale’s Predictions up to the Final Four

Personally, I think a FF is a long shot, but-- this year's team (IMO) gels better and has better depth than even our 2018 team who got eliminated early after being ranked #1 for several weeks. This team has a much better chance for a deeper run. Final Four deep? Who knows. But if that were to happen, there'd be be next to nothing for anyone to legitimately complain about this year with.

Personally, I think a FF is a long shot, but-- this year's team (IMO) gels better and has better depth than even our 2018 team who got eliminated early after being ranked #1 for several weeks. This team has a much better chance for a deeper run. Final Four deep? Who knows. But if that were to happen, there'd be be next to nothing for anyone to legitimately complain about this year with.
Don’t come around often, eh? 😉

The tournament is all about matchups. You get the right matchups and any reasonably good team can make a deep run. I do not think we are in a good bracket for TN to make a run past about the sweet 16 maybe the elite 8. A final 4 run would be an amazing feat.

The tournament is all about matchups. You get the right matchups and any reasonably good team can make a deep run. I do not think we are in a good bracket for TN to make a run past about the sweet 16 maybe the elite 8. A final 4 run would be an amazing feat.

The more I pour over these brackets, the harder it becomes to figure it out. No matter how many ways I try to look at it, it is way too chalk for my taste. But maybe that’s the way it will go this year?

As for our run, I could see anything from a 2nd round exit to a Final Four appearance. With the way this team has played and our defense, I’m hoping it’s a deep run. Might be the most defensively sound team in the tourney, which gives us an edge against everyone in our region.

Normally I would agree totally but this team seems to have something special. I was confident they would beat TAM because they looked like a team on a mission. I don't think they will face any teams tougher than AU, Arky and UK on their way to the final 4. They will not be a huge underdog in any game they play.

Neither KY or Auburn looked especially focused in SEC tourney. Were the coaches just mailing it in and saving the push for the big dance? I saw nothing from the Cats that looked like FF.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We basically dominated Kentucky in two straight games. So that's where I've seen them the most. I don't get the fascination with them either. Like why were they a clear top 2 seed with a 1 seed if they'd beaten us? Where is their resume so much better than ours?

Still picking ky. Lol these guys just cant get the same old bluebloods out of their heads.
It must have ate a chunk out of his soul we beat Kentucky. Duke and Kentucky. That is it for him. As long as I can remember and I’m 45. He is going to be completely lost with Coach K gone. Just lost.

If Huntley-Hatfield and Aidoo can take just one more small step on the offensive end and provide more scoring down low (hell, just catch the ball, hold onto the ball, and hit close-in shots), this team really could win it all. Especially if JJJ keeps playing like he has been.
Huntley-Hatfield has some sick fast/powerful low post and spin moves. Barnes will help him develop the shooter’s touch. He will only become stronger. He has SEC Player of the Year potential if he stays long enough. His ceiling is sky high.

That 💡 clicked on in the 2nd Kentucky game for him. Almost like he was I AM A 5 STAR and I am better than you with Kentucky’s post players. Oscar Tshiebwe is a great player and athlete…rightfully so. Man did Hunley-Hatfield play solid physical disruptive basketball against him. Those offensive skills weren’t all there…but damn he has zero fear especially against the Man of the Year. Hell Aidoo as well. Uros’s Serbian warrior mentality is rubbing off on both of them.
Our whole team looks across the court to our opponent’s entire bench and be like……

1647370187942.gif

Normally I would agree totally but this team seems to have something special. I was confident they would beat TAM because they looked like a team on a mission. I don't think they will face any teams tougher than AU, Arky and UK on their way to the final 4. They will not be a huge underdog in any game they play.

AZ? I'm not wanting to face that team again. We are better than before, but they are loaded. The last game had a pink unicorn appearance of Incredible Fulk + foul trouble all game for their sharp.shooter. We certainly can beat them, but I'd rather someone else handle it if possible.

AZ? I'm not wanting to face that team again. We are better than before, but they are loaded. The last game had a pink unicorn appearance of Incredible Fulk + foul trouble all game for their sharp.shooter. We certainly can beat them, but I'd rather someone else handle it if possible.

Agreed. I know it's chalky, but I think Arizona and Gonzaga are the most likely teams to reach the finals.

We basically dominated Kentucky in two straight games. So that's where I've seen them the most. I don't get the fascination with them either. Like why were they a clear top 2 seed with a 1 seed if they'd beaten us? Where is their resume so much better than ours?
The answer to your question...the name across their chest!
GBO!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back