Video of JT Shrout

Our future is doomed, and I don’t mean football.
That's pretty funny. Wow I'm old.
No those kids are just dumb

I'm not going to go full "ok, boomer" but knowing how to use an analog phone is analogous to hand-churning butter, hitching and riding horse-drawn buggy or butchering a pig.

So basically your snark is comparable to how people in the 1920s were when they saw their age's technology being phased out and them being left behind.

Kid was trying to see if the phone was ringing lol it was loud on the field. Poor kid.

I was born in 90 and we still had rotary phones. Lol 😂

I know. It didn't stop dumb gator fans from trolling him. I just wish it had happened on their sideline instead.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I'm not going to go full "ok, boomer" but knowing how to use an analog phone is analogous to hand-churning butter, hitching and riding horse-drawn buggy or butchering a pig.

So basically your snark is comparable to how people in the 1920s were when they saw their age's technology being phased out and them being left behind.
Yup, boomer here. But holy crap.. treat it as a puzzle. You have about 3 variables. 1) Holes over the numbers 2) Something that spins 3) (the tricky one) a stop.
So.. you try pushing the numbers.. that didn't work. That took 2 seconds. So what about the other 5 minutes? These kids look like chimpanzes in the zoo rather than humans. Really.. the technology was so bad in the 60's that analog stuff is complicated?

I stand by my statement. These kids are dumb.

"Every day is an IQ test"

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Yup, boomer here. But holy crap.. treat it as a puzzle. You have about 3 variables. 1) Holes over the numbers 2) Something that spins 3) (the tricky one) a stop.
So.. you try pushing the numbers.. that didn't work. That took 2 seconds. So what about the other 5 minutes? These kids look like chimpanzes in the zoo rather than humans. Really.. the technology was so bad in the 60's that analog stuff is complicated?

I get what you're saying, but I was writing excel functions in 5th grade, and my grandpa, who I respect in every aspect had no clue what the hell I was doing. I didn't even have to think about it.

Kid was trying to see if the phone was ringing lol it was loud on the field. Poor kid.

I was born in 90 and we still had rotary phones. Lol 😂
It's awesome because of the irony. The people laughing at him holding the base to his ear are the ones too ignorant to understand what was happening.

Not sure why anyone would be shocked that a phone that died off before these kids were even born would come as an oddity to them. Id like to see any of us here try and use a telegraph...
What you dont know how to type in Morse code? What are you an idiot baby. God

Blue font should be obvious.

Not sure why anyone would be shocked that a phone that died off before these kids were even born would come as an oddity to them. Id like to see any of us here try and use a telegraph...

Oh I could use it..... dunno if my Morse Code is up to par though..... might be some alien language coming out of my Telegraph.

What you dont know how to type in Morse code? What are you an idiot baby. God

Blue font should be obvious.
I was taught morse code..and worked an aircraft in the Air Force that had a telegraph...no one could use it though..still wouldnt be able to

So.. you try pushing the numbers.. that didn't work. That took 2 seconds. These kids look like chimpanzes in the zoo rather than humans. Really.. the technology was so bad in the 60's that analog stuff is complicated?

Okay, should we show videos of your generation failing to copy-paste simple documents and then deride your entire generation for that?

"Our future is so doomed, these boomers are dumb"

I get what you're saying, but I was writing excel functions in 5th grade, and my grandpa, who I respect in every aspect had no clue what the hell I was doing. I didn't even have to think about it.
I would love to see these two doofus's report cards.

I never knew my grandfather. Grant was president when he was born. My Dad didn't know excel either, but I assure you with about 15 minutes of show and tell, he'd be a wiz at it. Don't knock analog - people did what they did with what they had at the time.

This:
1573570028950.png
was designed with this:
1573570094453.png

Would love to see those two boys have a go at a slide rule.. LOL
By the way.. If you are curious (and you should be), Here is a slide rule emulator.

Keuffel & Esser 68-1100 Deci-Lon

Homework: Try multiplication first, that's straight forward, then progress to roots.. that's a little trickier. An amazing tool when you think about it.

That's pretty much it. Kids have no more reason to know about rotary phones than I did of knowing how to change a wagon wheel.

VN Store

Back