VFL Velus

Young man just made himself a lot of money with that run…I think pure speed might have been the only question mark about him…he just put that to bed
I think people knew he was fast… just not that fast.

4.4 at the combine = everybody nods
4.3 at the combine = everybody starts making notes

Scouts are going to like 4.3 speed at 205 lbs with return skills.

dont think he still sitting there in the 4th round.

I doubt he goes higher than the 4th round. This draft is loaded with WRs. Most mocks I've seen barely had him getting drafted before yesterday's performance.

For reference, Shi Smith was a very similar player to Velus with similar stats and skill set. He also ran a 4.33 40 last year at the combine. Got drafted in round 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol4life2
I doubt he goes higher than the 4th round. This draft is loaded with WRs. Most mocks I've seen barely had him getting drafted before yesterday's performance.

For reference, Shi Smith was a very similar player to Velus with similar stats and skill set. He also ran a 4.33 40 last year at the combine. Got drafted in round 6.

Shi measured 5'9 1/2" and 186lbs at the combine also only ran a 4.43 (hand timed) at his pro day.

I get having a competitive spirit and all that, but there is no way he runs a 40 at the Pro Day right?

Shi measured 5'9 1/2" and 186lbs at the combine also only ran a 4.43 (hand timed) at his pro day.

Anthony Swartz then. Sub 4.3 runner. Olympic speed. Drafted 91st overall.

Just because you're really fast, doesn't mean you're getting taken really high. There's also the fact the Velus is already 24 years old and will be 25 before the season starts, so he's pretty old for a draft pick. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would be surprised if he gets selected before round 4.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Anthony Swartz then. Sub 4.3 runner. Olympic speed. Drafted 91st overall.

Just because you're really fast, doesn't mean you're getting taken really high. There's also the fact the Velus is already 24 years old and will be 25 before the season starts, so he's pretty old for a draft pick. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would be surprised if he gets selected before round 4.

You can piss in the cheerios if ya want, or you could actually act like a fan and be happy he had a good showing at the combine.

You can piss in the cheerios if ya want, or you could actually act like a fan and be happy he had a good showing at the combine.

You must have missed the 4th post in this thread where I said:

"Pretty much secured himself a draft pick now, especially with his kick/punt return ability "

Or maybe the 9th post in this draft where I said:

"Titans needs a return man and a slot WR. He fills 2 needs. Definitely a take with one of our 4th round picks."

No pissing in anyone's cheerios.

You must have missed the 4th post in this thread where I said:

"Pretty much secured himself a draft pick now, especially with his kick/punt return ability "

Or maybe the 9th post in this draft where I said:

"Titans needs a return man and a slot WR. He fills 2 needs. Definitely a take with one of our 4th round picks."

No pissing in anyone's cheerios.

I pointed out that he's faster AND bigger than Shi Smith. Then you did what?

:rolleyes:

(He's not wrong, you know.)

Reactions: kingkisses and Carp
(He's not wrong, you know.)

Show me where I said he was wrong? Pissing in cheerios doesn't mean you're lying.

I never even said he was wrong about when he was going to get drafted. But the comparison was a bad one, and I pointed it out that's all I did. Rather than just admit "yeah you're right Shi is a bad comp" he moved to something else bringing up a completely different point (age) that wasn't previously being talked about.

Velus is 6'0" 200lbs+ and just ran a laser timed 4.31. That's faster than Deebo Samuel, Cordarrelle Patterson, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, and a host of other WRs in the league with similar measurables. No clue where he'll end up getting drafted, but as fans can't we speculate and have fun here? The rest of the country can focus on dragging down the Vols why do we do it to ourselves? Velus had a far faster time than I thought he'd have and measured out bigger than I expected too. I'm happy as hell for him and hope he goes as high as possible.

Reactions: walkenvol

Being realistic about his draft position is hardly "pissing in the cheerios." I legit gave him credit for what he did. He likely wasn't even on many draft boards before yesterday.

SI has him at 4.33 on the 40. As does this site. If that isn't accurate, then that's fine. I will take the L on the comparison. But the Shi Smith comparison is in regard to their skill set and college production, as well as what they timed in their 40.

Last edited:
Reactions: TitanicVolz
Being realistic about his draft position is hardly "pissing in the cheerios." I legit gave him credit for what he did. He likely wasn't even on many draft boards before yesterday.

SI has him at 4.33 on the 40. As does this site. If that isn't accurate, then that's fine. I will take the L on the comparison. But the Shi Smith comparison is in regard to their skill set and college production, as well as what they timed in their 40.

You could go to the source too... 2022 NFL Combine Results - NFL.com

Velus' nearly 3k return yards is where he separates himself from Shi though, and being realistic it makes him more valuable as a draft pick because of it. But I'm not arguing over opinion. I just want him to get drafted, hopefully very high and more importantly to a good team that will take advantage of his skill set.

You could go to the source too... 2022 NFL Combine Results - NFL.com

Velus' nearly 3k return yards is where he separates himself from Shi though, and being realistic it makes him more valuable as a draft pick because of it. But I'm not arguing over opinion. I just want him to get drafted, hopefully very high and more importantly to a good team that will take advantage of his skill set.

That's 2022 combine information. I'm talking about Shi Smith. I show he ran a 4.33 last year (unofficial).

VN Store

Back