VFL Legend Reportedly Top Target for Mid-State Prep Powerhouse Head Coaching Vacancy

WillisWG

I don't like radicals left or right!
Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that Lipscomb officials have targeted Jason Witten, the former NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductee, to be the Mustangs' next head coach," Brice reported. "In fact, multiple sources in both Witten's native Tennessee and in Texas told FootballScoop this week that Lipscomb officials already had flown to Dallas within the past week to meet with Witten about replacing Dilfer, who elevated Lipscomb to a nationally recognized program that was featured multiple times on ESPN before accepting an Football Bowls Subdivision head coaching job last week at UAB."

VFL Legend Reportedly Top Target for Mid-State Prep Powerhouse Head Coaching Vacancy

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that Lipscomb officials have targeted Jason Witten, the former NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductee, to be the Mustangs' next head coach," Brice reported. "In fact, multiple sources in both Witten's native Tennessee and in Texas told FootballScoop this week that Lipscomb officials already had flown to Dallas within the past week to meet with Witten about replacing Dilfer, who elevated Lipscomb to a nationally recognized program that was featured multiple times on ESPN before accepting an Football Bowls Subdivision head coaching job last week at UAB."

cjh needs to offer JW a position at UT

cjh needs to offer JW a position at UT
why do we assume he'd be a good TE coach in college? I love the guy too, but I remember the Chuck Smith project not going well. I'd rather see someone with more exp coaching in college, but that's jmo. I would love former Vols being all over the staff, but that hasn't worked out well recently for us.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Trent Dilfer did a magnificent job at Lipscomb. I'm excited at the prospect of Jason Witten taking over that coaching job. Tennessee was starting to make inroads in recruiting at that high school, & it will likely remain a fertile recruiting ground. I taught there in the 80s when the late Glen McAdams was football coach; Glen was a UT graduate though he never played football there. He'd be excited. :cool:

DAMN!!! And we just sit on our ass and let him get away. (as far as I/we know) I just wonder would you rather be HC at Lipscomb or a key staff member of the U of TN?? I know which I had rather be.

why do we assume he'd be a good TE coach in college? I love the guy too, but I remember the Chuck Smith project not going well. I'd rather see someone with more exp coaching in college, but that's jmo. I would love former Vols being all over the staff, but that hasn't worked out well recently for us.

There always seems to be one or a few who seem to look for reasons to take the other side....

Reactions: orangefloyd
CJH getting Jason Witten would mean the VOLS would have no problem attracting TOP TE's around the Nation too. Pay the man and keep him Home.

We've got a couple of really good TE recruits the last 2 classes. CJH offense will bring them in.

VN Store

Back