Vescovi scored just 5 points

Vescovi turned his ankle very early in the game. Was never the same after that.
Is that what actually happened? He just didn’t look right, not moving like he’s capable of. I didn’t see any post game coverage, is that what happened?

Lol. MI turned the ball over how many times? Defense can't win the game alone. Besides Chandler this was an absolutely terrible offensive performance. Vescovi was a non factor all game offensively. Hard to blame that on Barnes.

Exactly. And I’m sure Barnes feels worse than anyone else regarding this loss and his prior exits from the tourney I’ve this career. He is competitive and loves his players so I’m sure he will review his career and ask himself why he struggles in Marc as he’s human, too.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Vescovi can not create a shot. He is slow and lacks quickness. Thats also why Lofton didn't play in the League. They are spot shooters. Michigan put their best defender on him most of the game and shut him down.

Vescovi didn’t even look to shoot this game. He got beat on a lot of plays and gave up points. He didn’t show up

Barnes can’t let teams take his best shooter out of the game. The defender should have been beat to hell on screens by Uros but Tennessee doesn’t run that much.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Barnes can’t let teams take his best shooter out of the game. The defender should have been beat to hell on screens by Uros but Tennessee doesn’t run that much.
Lofton comes to mind when you say that. Pearl ran screens for him but also think Lofton had a quicker trigger and maybe a little better foot speed

He must develop a threat from 2 point area so people will not cover him so tightly from the 3 area. He has to drive more like Chris Lofton did in this later years. Christ was not super quick but was effective from the 2 pt area so people could not guard him so tightly.
Blasphemy!
Guess you're saying that Satan is quicker???

We gave up 44 2nd half points. I think top defensive assistant Coach Schwartz definitely had 1 foot out the door to East Carolina. Defensive game plan and adjustments were pretty much non existent.

So many of our shots just rimmed out, and UM’s seemed
to rattle around and fall in. When that UM player swished
a running hook from the side as the play clock was about
to run out, I knew it just wasn’t our night.

Vescovi should’ve started driving to the basket to shoot and draw fouls. Instead when he would drive with it he was never thinking of shooting. The defense was tight but he has driven the ball all season to loosen up defenders on him all year. Vescovi’s non existence in the game was the difference.

Our guys had pressure and expectations. We were going to eventually have an off night shooting and UT happened against the wrong team. Michigan who shouldn't have been in the tournament had absolutely 0 pressure. They played with house money.
this.

Terrible seed. Our gutless fan base deserves this. Keep getting pushed around cowards.

Wow. Can't believe how many excuses I'm reading about just wasn't our night shooting. What about our pathetic defense. Gave up 44 2nd half points. Zero adjustments. Let their best player (Dickinson) run free all night. Really bad coaching, bad adjustments, and non existent defensive game plan. Very disappointing.

Michigan made it priority no. 1 to take away the 3.... We forced too many.... Could we have done something else to get better looks? Maybe.... Looked as tho we just ran our usual

This game reminded so much of the Texas game where Vescovi got nuked. Only difference is JJJ heated up that game. Today he just wilted.

We're relevant. We won the SEC tourney..and beat Kentucky twice. That's good positive stuff...but don't ever...ever talk final four run w a Rick Barnes team or else you'll end up bitterly disappointed. Barnes does this EVERY YEAR. It's who he is.

Wow. Can't believe how many excuses I'm reading about just wasn't our night shooting. What about our pathetic defense. Gave up 44 2nd half points. Zero adjustments. Let their best player (Dickinson) run free all night. Really bad coaching, bad adjustments, and non existent defensive game plan. Very disappointing.
Didnt box out well either. Aidoo played good in beginning and Barnes yanks him out

Best I remember, he was pretty good before Chandler and Zeigler got here.
Yes, the kid has limitations. But, looking at it a different way, it’s pretty amazing that he leads this team in scoring with said limitations.
Kid busts his a$$ to make the most of his God-given ability.
Yea he’s a player. IMO when he did get his shots his legs were gone bc he was working so hard on defense and offense running around. Something he is gonna have to work on this off-season is his first step.

VN Store

Back