Vescovi and James 3-2 at Rupp

Congrats to Vescovi and James. Not only did they play great tonight, they will officially finish their careers with a winning record at Rupp. Not many Tennessee Seniors can make that claim.
Bernard and Ernest were 2-1 at UK, but only 1-0 at Rupp. That's right, they beat UK in their first year at Rupp

Last edited:
Basketball is a team sport. It’s also a dynamic game. A good team has to adjust to the realities of a given game on the day it’s played. Neither Santi nor JJJ are perfect, but they are two of the best team players and two of the most adaptable to the situation at hand. I felt very lucky to see the Grant and Admiral era and feel equally lucky to see the careers of Santi and JJJ.

Congrats to Vescovi and James. Not only did they play great tonight, they will officially finish their careers with a winning record at Rupp. Not many Tennessee Seniors can make that claim.
Not to take away from that accomplishment, but not many get the opportunity to do it for 5 years, either. Most would have to go 3-1 in 4 years to do it.

I may be in error but I believe Bernard King was 2-1 against UK in Lexington and 3-0 at Stokely.

Correct. First game for King at Rupp at KY was a TN loss and a KY fan flipped a lit cigarette into Bernard’s Afro. He vowed to never lose to KY again and beat them the next 5 games.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back