Very sad to see....

wmcovol

Schools pass on deserving high school seniors who have done the work to earn a scholarship to a school of their dreams only to see a coach cut them before they step on campus in order to overcome prior year recruiting mistakes.

Those who know me here know I’m no fan of the current coach in Knoxville. NTL, his actions yesterday cutting the young man from Baylor is beyond disgusting to me as a mentor of young men. Pruitt waited until the day before signing day to cut this young man even though it’s been widely known recently Pruitt has to recruit grad transfers for next year to save his ass.

What Pruitt did was severely damage UTs reputation at one of the most prestigious schools in the entire south that produces numerous college level athletes in many sports each year. I severely doubt he’d pulled the same trick at a school of Baylor’s caliber in Alabama, but then there isn’t one.

The sooner we rid ourselves of this clown, the better we’ll be.

Allegedly...

Local kid, grew up in Knoxville, dream to play for UT, been committed to UT for like a year and a half, was basically told he no longer had a spot yesterday and to find a new school.

Reactions: golfballs
Allegedly...

Local kid, grew up in Knoxville, dream to play for UT, been committed to UT for like a year and a half, was basically told he no longer had a spot yesterday and to find a new school.
Who? The only Baylor commit from Knoxville I could find was Elijah Howard. Are you just pot-stirring?

What? I'd be surprised if Pruitt was cutting any offers given he has lost 3 or 4 commits in a week.

After securing Evans, Brown, and Wright, it became business. Howard knew it and easily found a good landing spot. OP just wants to bash Pruitt because that's what he does. This one is sillier than most though.

After securing Evans, Brown, and Wright, it became business. Howard knew it and easily found a good landing spot. OP just wants to bash Pruitt because that's what he does. This one is sillier than most though.

You don’t know the facts, Ms Pruitt.

But then you won’t have any problems when they fire his ass next week either then cause “it became business.”

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
You don’t know the facts, Ms Pruitt.
Neither do you scorned Vol fan. Tennessee inked 3 RBs w/ higher rankings and more stars. It just wasn't in the cards. Sorry you're so upset about it. Would you rather have the local kid ranked 718th nationally and 42nd at his position or the number 1 JUCO at his position and the number 10 overall back in the HS class?

Neither do you scorned Vol fan. Tennessee inked 3 RBs w/ higher rankings and more stars. It just wasn't in the cards. Sorry you're so upset about it. Would you rather have the local kid ranked 718th nationally and 42nd at his position or the number 1 JUCO at his position and the number 10 overall back in the HS class?

The issue was Pruitt waited until Tuesday to tell the young man. Pruitt strung the kid along in case one of his 3 others bolted on him. Pruitt knew 3 weeks ago he was going to do this. Very low class. Again, you’ll be back at Baylor in the near future. I hope they tell him to get off campus.

The issue was Pruitt waited until Tuesday to tell the young man. Pruitt strung the kid along in case one of his 3 others bolted on him. Pruitt knew 3 weeks ago he was going to do this. Very low class. Again, you’ll be back at Baylor in the near future. I hope they tell him to get off campus.

Contingent offers are extremely common. If Howard wasn't told his offer was contingent, then that's a problem. Has Howard said as much?

Contingent offers are extremely common. If Howard wasn't told his offer was contingent, then that's a problem. Has Howard said as much?
I’m interested in your take on Pruitt. I’m guessing You’ve been around him or know a lot people who have over the years prior to him being coach here. What were your expectations for him here? What did people in Tuscaloosa think of him?

I’m interested in your take on Pruitt. I’m guessing You’ve been around him or know a lot people who have over the years prior to him being coach here. What were your expectations for him here? What did people in Tuscaloosa think of him?

I thought he'd do better than he has to this point, but I never thought he'd be incredibly successful. He has a personality that doesn't lend itself to head coaching at the highest level. But, I'd take him back as a DC in a heartbeat.

Recruiting is a tough BUSINESS. I don't follow recruiting like some/many on here until after the guy/gal (LV) signs because there is so many team factors and the fact your relying on a 18 yr old kid to decide what school when he has 20 people telling him what's best for him. If the kid in question is a VFL and committed to UT it really sucks for several reasons but there is probably reasons we don't know resulting in why Coach "cut" him. This happens a lot at ALL schools. With guys transferring, graduating, new recruits and now guys having a extra year because of COVID roster make ups is like scheduling games, a hot mess. I don't hold it against Coach and hope the best for the kid!

Reactions: volfanbill
This happens everywhere. I don't know if you have some sort of personal relationship with Howard or what, but this is business. Within moments of announcing his de-commitment from Tennessee, Howard signed with VT. Doesn't sound like to me it was all that bad other than it sucks he's a Vols fan. Why waste his time being buried on the depth chart and him looking to enter the transfer portal next year or after his second year? This is probably still the best, deepest RB class we've signed in years.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
This happens everywhere. I don't know if you have some sort of personal relationship with Howard or what, but this is business. Within moments of announcing his de-commitment from Tennessee, Howard signed with VT. Doesn't sound like to me it was all that bad other than it sucks he's a Vols fan. Why waste his time being buried on the depth chart and him looking to enter the transfer portal next year or after his second year? This is probably still the best, deepest RB class we've signed in years.

I never met Howard. And as a public school boy from Chattanooga many years ago, I have no love for Baylor or McCallie. But I have had a son go thru the recruiting process and I couldn’t imagine having to deal with that kinda “business” the day before you were set to sign your LOI. Fortunately my son dealt with an ethical man as his college coach.

You guys defending Pruitt are the same ones blasting a kid who changes schools at the last minute.

I never met Howard. And as a public school boy from Chattanooga many years ago, I have no love for Baylor or McCallie. But I have had a son go thru the recruiting process and I couldn’t imagine having to deal with that kinda “business” the day before you were set to sign your LOI. Fortunately my son dealt with an ethical man as his college coach.

You guys defending Pruitt are the same ones blasting a kid who changes schools at the last minute.
lol I’m not defending Pruitt. I’m telling you this is a business and that was a business transaction. It’s what happens. There’s a billion things to find wrong with Pruitt. Inking the best RB class in years isn’t one of them

lol I’m not defending Pruitt. I’m telling you this is a business and that was a business transaction. It’s what happens. There’s a billion things to find wrong with Pruitt. Inking the best RB class in years isn’t one of them

That’s fine. Don’t cry when the next Baylor recruit doesn’t give Tennessee to time of day. Or plays Tennessee for the fool like Hardy did last year. Remember, it’s all business.

That’s fine. Don’t cry when the next Baylor recruit doesn’t give Tennessee to time of day. Or plays Tennessee for the fool like Hardy did last year. Remember, it’s all business.
I won’t. And I won’t be upset the next time a prized Baylor player does wind up at Tennessee. Because it will happen. Only reason it might not happen during Pruitt’s tenure is because he’s fired for the billions of other things I mentioned. Not because of this. Do you think Pruitt is going to quit recruiting recruits from McCallie?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I won’t. And I won’t be upset the next time a prized Baylor player does wind up at Tennessee. Because it will happen. Only reason it might not happen during Pruitt’s tenure is because he’s fired for the billions of other things I mentioned. Not because of this. Do you think Pruitt is going to quit recruiting recruits from McCallie?

Where in the hell did you get that? I never said he’d quit recruiting either school. Of course not.

Where in the hell did you get that? I never said he’d quit recruiting either school. Of course not.

Just as Pruitt won't stop recruiting at McCallie if there's a recruit there, Baylor and their staff won't do anything to inhibit a kid from playing at Tennessee if the chance arises. Fwiw, if the Baylor staff somehow tries to mess with a kid's possible recruitment to ANY school, Tennessee, Alabama, or wherever, they should be fired on the spot for not looking after the best interest of their players.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Just as Pruitt won't stop recruiting at McCallie if there's a recruit there, Baylor and their staff won't do anything to inhibit a kid from playing at Tennessee if the chance arises. Fwiw, if the Baylor staff somehow tries to mess with a kid's possible recruitment to ANY school, Tennessee, Alabama, or wherever, they should be fired on the spot for not looking after the best interest of their players.

But Pruitt lying to a committed young man is just business. Gotcha

VN Store

Back