Versus Belmont - Lady Vols Only 10 Turnovers- Free Throws 79%

You are exactly correct. I haven't posted yet this year because I seldom have anything good to say about the woman pretending to be a coach. I attended my first game on Friday night and nothing has changed. She is completely clueless on how to coach. It has been a number of years since I have seen so much INDIVIDUAL talent on one team. I would never have thought that she would be allowed to pull our program down to average at best, destroying what Pat gave her whole life to build. Anyone who had any respect for Pat, and what she built would just admit her failure and step down. I understand that many people like her as a person, and that she has proven to be an EXCELLENT recruiter. I think the same thing is about to happen to the Lady Vol's that has happened to the football program, and it will take many years to move up to where we were. I hope we win every game, but after watching and listening to her interview postgame, we may be in for a long season. I just read she told her team that with Auburn's style of play that they (Lady Vols) would turn the ball over, how's that for teaching, preparing, and encouragement. The only comment that I made about Fulmer when he got the Athletic Director is that is friends with Holly, and she would not be fired. You can love her, or hate her, but you can't change the fact that she can not coach.

Stepping down?,,,

"yup, I kwit"

Probably not

?

Could she improve on gamesmanship and dictating situations instead of responding to them...
Maybe.

what you talkin bout, Coach?

Coaches don't step away.
Its not in our genes

G,
as a coach.
I like to dictate matchups, tempos, and runs
I interrupt runs with timeouts for momentum sake.
I want my staff to be strong and willing to save my butt.
I can pick a player off of the floor and set them on the moon or I can knock them off their lofty perch and straighten them out.
For/to/Re a player I am next to impossible to impress...a coach, equally so

When I don't see these things displayed,
I begin to stir

To change the outcome you have to change the culture...the way of thinking

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I have not posted much the last few years because I don't have much good to say and I want those who are sensitive to still feel they have a safe space.

This has been discussed a lot over the years. Warlick presents a dilemma, she is still recruiting so well and overall there are enough terrible teams that she will continue to win 20 games annually. Well it's hard to fire a person that appears to be doing pretty good winning 20-25 games. The women's groups would raise cain. Does she need to be given the boot? Of course. She could do us a favor and admit the job is too big for her but it looks like it ain't going to happen. If this was the mens game, she would be gone because it's a blue blood program. The rules are different and that is the part that is bad.

It's clear this is the ceiling of the program now. They will never go to a Final Four under Holly, and now that Pat's assets have dried up it's extremely unlikely she will win the SEC again either. Holly critics will keep arguing it should be better. Holly defenders will keep arguing it could be worse. Rinse, repeat next year. It's a good program, no longer a great one. It has grown stale and boring and a lot of fans have stopped caring. Meanwhile in a few years Rick Barnes has completely rebuilt the men's program into the defending SEC champs and currently top 5 in the nation. They had over 20,000 at the Tennessee Tech (!) game this weekend. How many came to the Lady Vols-Belmont game?

Reactions: BreatheUT
It's clear this is the ceiling of the program now. They will never go to a Final Four under Holly, and now that Pat's assets have dried up it's extremely unlikely she will win the SEC again either. Holly critics will keep arguing it should be better. Holly defenders will keep arguing it could be worse. Rinse, repeat next year. It's a good program, no longer a great one. It has grown stale and boring and a lot of fans have stopped caring. Meanwhile in a few years Rick Barnes has completely rebuilt the men's program into the defending SEC champs and currently top 5 in the nation. They had over 20,000 at the Tennessee Tech (!) game this weekend. How many came to the Lady Vols-Belmont game?

That's the sad reality, isn't it? I mean, how many people here are trying to convince everyone that Belmont was a good team or something.

Holly recruits well, so Tennessee won't fall of the map altogether...but I suspect their days as a legit contender at the national level are over. They might not reclaim top dog in the SEC either, especially given that SC and MSST are starting to get comparable talent.

VN Store

Back