Vermont's Loss Is Tennessee's Gain With Duffy, Currier

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Saturday's walk-off victory against Xavier was emotional for the Tennessee baseball team, but especially for one player and one coach.

More...

Discuss. :)

Wow, you never know what life has in store for you. Great story. Nice hire and player acquisition.

Wow! Coached and played under THE Jack Leggett....now that's how you broaden the depth and breadth of a coaching staff! Afterall, no one on our staff has been tutored at the knee of THE Jack Leggett before!

Let me ask this. . .

When was Jack Leggett first chosen as a legend and genius?

Did I miss this election?

I was already aware that Leggett and his disciples have won countless College World Series titles but now I understand one of his disciples has actually killed a relatively successful program entirely.

I mean, let's not have Todd bring in anyone with different ideas and ways of doing things....heaven forbid! We see how that worked out with Fred Corral.

Wow! Coached and played under THE Jack Leggett....now that's how you broaden the depth and breadth of a coaching staff! Afterall, no one on our staff has been tutored at the knee of THE Jack Leggett before!

Let me ask this. . .

When was Jack Leggett first chosen as a legend and genius?

Did I miss this election?

I was already aware that Leggett and his disciples have won countless College World Series titles but now I understand one of his disciples has actually killed a relatively successful program entirely.

I mean, let's not have Todd bring in anyone with different ideas and ways of doing things....heaven forbid! We see how that worked out with Fred Corral.
I enjoy you much more when you and your negative comments stay on TOS. Thanks for sharing. You should post less. Have you considered a career in motivational speaking?:no:

I enjoy you much more when you and your negative comments stay on TOS. Thanks for sharing. You should post less. Have you considered a career in motivational speaking?:no:

Would you believe I am an optimist except in recent UT baseball history.

I actually thought (until Wyoming) that Fulmer deserved an extra year. Same with Buzz.

I am a long suffering White Sox fan since the late 70s.

I believe that people are inherently good and become evil.

I think Tennessee will somehow find defensive tackles next season. I think Tennessee will find some pointguard of the future.

I think there are some great players on this team:clapping:

I think the modern major league player and pitcher is better than given credit by stuffed shirt baseball writers.

HOWEVER, I thought/knew the Todd Raleigh hire was bad from Day 1. I was actually mad.

In my job, I have to be an excellent judge of character. I know when someones dishonest, or earnest, or hard working, or unqualified pretty quickly.

Nothing Todd has done has disproven my initial thoughts. My interaction with coach, my discussion with former and current players and his media persona are scream negative.

He simply has a low success ceiling. He will have intermittent success with huge negative times. I don't think he is a smart baseball guy (which is odd for a former catcher) he is not a good leader, he is emotional more than tactical, and he does not accept criticism (or other opinions) well.

Rod Delmonico needed to be fired. His program was running amok, his recruiting too intermittent and his teams were feast or famine.

BUT, we hired the only coach that Rod was beating consistently.

Why get rid of Rod if we ended up with Todd.

I should put that on a business card. I like that.

I actually thought (until Wyoming) that Fulmer deserved an extra year. Same with Buzz.
If Fulmer hadn't been fired that week, the loss to Wyoming wouldn't have happened. Under the circumstances, the team probably would have lost to Sewanee that day.

Rod Delmonico needed to be fired. His program was running amok, his recruiting too intermittent and his teams were feast or famine.

BUT, we hired the only coach that Rod was beating consistently.

Why get rid of Rod if we ended up with Todd.

I should put that on a business card. I like that.
I've heard that argument many times. There is some merit to it. But Tennessee baseball before Rod Delmonico was the epitomy of mediocrity. Delmonico was hot and cold, but he did go to Omaha three times in 10 years, which is something that UT achieved only once in the 80 seasons before he arrived.

And I'm not sure he could have done much better than he did. As I understand things, he was working with the worst facilities in the SEC his last several seasons, and the upgrades that he asked for are just getting done now.

At least Delmonico's teams never ran scared from ETSU.

VN Store

Back