Vegas over under on season 7.5

Well, I wouldn't say equally "worthless." I think that may be the wrong word. Maybe equally "unverifiable"...or equally "imprecise"...or something like that. One can never really know which was more "right" than the other, because one team's gonna win, the other is gonna lose, and the difference between 41.2% and 21.5% doesn't show up in the W/L column at all.

So I get what you're saying. But I also get the value, to us, of knowing that one game we have a 40% chance of winning, while another game we only have a 20% chance of winning. I'd certainly be more impressed to win the latter! So there's worth, value, in the smart guys fine tuning the odds as best they can.

Do you really need someone telling you that though? We are a long shot to beat Alabama. Every other game pethaps LSU, it shouldnt come as a big suprise if we win. But ill be really surpised if wr beat Alabama....and LSU to an extent.

Not trying to argue, ive just never really understood the fixation on numbers lije these, other than betting odds of course.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you really need someone telling you that though? We are a long shot to beat Alabama. Every other game pethaps LSU, it shouldnt come as a big suprise if we win. But ill be really surpised if wr beat Alabama....and LSU to an extent.

Not trying to argue, ive just never really understood the fixation on numbers lije these, other than betting odds of course.

Yeah, you have a point. You and I have our own feel for how tough a game, say Bama or UGa or Kentucky will be. But it's still nice to see what the experts put it at. From time to time, they surprise me and that opens up room for some fun speculation and discussion.

p.s. VFnB, I'd actually be more surprised if we marched into the Swamp and beat the Gators for a second year in a row than if we beat LSU at our place in November. Excited to beat both, though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back