Vegas odds on Total Wins released

We’ve lost 3 in a row to lowly vandie and 5 of 7. You have to go back to 1954 to find a time period where Vandy beat Tennessee 5 times prior to 2013. Unreal.
The band guy losing to Vandy twice on the way out only holds relevance to anything in the future if you think Pruitt is 2.0.

Reactions: chargervol
Defense doesn't really matter. They just have to play a C game. Jimbo will have Mond for his second year and that is huge for a Jimbo Offense. Texas A&M will be a team that should score tons of points. Defense just has to play somewhat competently.
Maybe. They bring back the entire WR group but lose the TE and RB. Not sure about the line. That schedule is brutal though. They literally could play 4 of the top 5 or 6 teams. What do you see for LSU? I know you liked them last year and they bring back a fair amount I think. They could cause Bama some trouble this year. Too bad the game is at Bama.

Can’t see 10 for Fla with this schedule.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

9 likely wins:
- Miami - they’re as bad as FSU right now
- UT Martin
- Kentucky - yeah, I know, they beat UF last year. A) they had lost 30-something straight to UF, B) they lose EVERYONE on defense plus Snell is gone.
- Tennessee - will be similar to last year
- Towson
- Auburn - UF gets them at home and they have a new QB
- S Carolina - Mullen>Muschamp
- Vandy
- FSU - may only win 4 or 5 games this year

Gotta get one more out of Mizzou, Georgia and LSU to reach 10 wins, and UF can beat all three of those teams. No “guaranteed” UF losses on this schedule.

5 wins tops this year, sorry gang that just reality. Vandy and Misso return a ton of talent and were playing freshmen.

Reactions: 08Vol
9 likely wins:
- UT Martin
- Kentucky - yeah, I know, they beat UF last year. A) they had lost 30-something straight to UF, B) they lose EVERYONE on defense plus Snell is gone.
- Towson
- Vandy

Gotta get one more out of Mizzou, Georgia and LSU to reach 10 wins, and UF can beat all three of those teams. No “guaranteed” UF losses on this schedule.
Miami will be interesting. They will be better at the end of the year. Their QBs have been horrendous, Jon Richt has no business being a college coach, for anyone.
I do think AU will be better, they do better with less expectations, weird bunch.
SC has played UF tough.
FSU has to get better, or start looking for a new coach (with you, think his seat gets very hot and Taggart is told he has one more year)
Think Mizzou was lost the week before, UF was still looking backwards at the game before

Think Fla loses LSU/UGA/AU and wouldn’t be shocked if Tn upsets Fla, that’s just a gut feel. If Fla does make it past Tn, don’t like the setup of AU/LSU/SC being 3 in a row, will be beat up by SC. Good think open date before UGA otherwise that would be a (heck) of a 4 week stretch.

Maybe. They bring back the entire WR group but lose the TE and RB. Not sure about the line. That schedule is brutal though. They literally could play 4 of the top 5 or 6 teams. What do you see for LSU? I know you liked them last year and they bring back a fair amount I think. They could cause Bama some trouble this year. Too bad the game is at Bama.

They have the talent to compete with anybody in the country. Will they lose a game they shouldn’t? Likely. But I don’t see Bama being the runaway favorite in the West with the coaching exodus Saban has had.

9 likely wins:
- UT Martin
- Towson
- Vandy

The Tennessee Florida game will not be similar to last year.

I guarantee it.

They have the talent to compete with anybody in the country. Will they lose a game they shouldn’t? Likely. But I don’t see Bama being the runaway favorite in the West with the coaching exodus Saban has had.
If they win that early game at Texas then it could easily be a 10-2 year and possibly better. I sure hope they pound the crap out of Florida.

They play Bama at home. They played in Tuscaloosa last year. They play @ Georgia, Clemson, and LSU.

They may have the same record but be better. Corbin is an upgrade at RB in terms of talent and speed. Sternberger (TE) played JUCO the year before, so you’d think Cupp (top TE recruit 6’ 6” 260) should be able to do something decent. OL returns 4/5 starters along with 5 star OL fish. DL returns 2 starters and 3 who played along with 5 star fish Leal. Secondary loses 1 starter - 3 4 star fish coming in. Lb will be biggest question - lost 2 starters (1 all conference level).

Run defense won’t be as good but pass defense should be improved. Offense should be better but more pass happy.

They were the #1 team in the country. That's as heigh as it gets boss. Granted, they didn't finish the season #1, but taking them there was an unimaginable accomplishment. And give me a freaking break about the winning percentage garbage. Nobody since 1955 has a higher win percentage at MSU than Dan Mullen. How is anything prior to that relevant to comparing modern day coaches? Can you guess how many of those old-timers coached more than 50 games? 1. Allyn McKeen back in the 40s. Most of the guys you're referencing didn't coach more than 3 seasons.

You're right that he hasn't EXACTLY maintained a .500 record... I rounded up. He was .458 at MSU and he's .475 overall. I'm cool with your opinion that he isn't very good, but I'd be surprised if you experienced what he did at MSU as closely as I did, so I'm just gonna agree to disagree and move on with my opinion of Mullen and the expectation that Florida will become a national championship contender very, very soon.

Mullen will never recruit well enough to make Florida a national title contender.

They play Bama at home. They played in Tuscaloosa last year. They play @ Georgia, Clemson, and LSU.

They may have the same record but be better. Corbin is an upgrade at RB in terms of talent and speed. Sternberger (TE) played JUCO the year before, so you’d think Cupp (top TE recruit 6’ 6” 260) should be able to do something decent. OL returns 4/5 starters along with 5 star OL fish. DL returns 2 starters and 3 who played along with 5 star fish Leal. Secondary loses 1 starter - 3 4 star fish coming in. Lb will be biggest question - lost 2 starters (1 all conference level).

Run defense won’t be as good but pass defense should be improved. Offense should be better but more pass happy.
I said LSU plays at Bama. I switched from A&M to LSU about half way through.

I’ve been generally pessimistic on Vols football for a while. I feel pretty immune to unrealistic optimism. However I do feel better about this year’s team. I think we’re going to be competitive

There’s no way I’d bet Vols to win 8 this year. It’ll likely be a push at 7 or an under.

And we aren’t beating UF in the swamp either. Don’t get your hopes up fellas. ;)

Reactions: volsack and CAVPUT
Alabama-12
Georgia-9
Florida-10
Texas A&M-8
LSU-9
Tennessee-7
Kentucky-6
Mississippi State-6
Auburn-7

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
There’s no way I’d bet Vols to win 8 this year. It’ll likely be a push at 7 or an under.

And we aren’t beating UF in the swamp either. Don’t get your hopes up fellas. ;)

Stfu, I'll get my hopes up if..just kidding Jack.

I don't expect to beat them this year, but I do expect it to be more competive, a closer final and respectable. I guaranteed it wouldn't be similar to last year to Gums the other day just because I was tired of his crap. If it is, Imma have a problem with Jurmy and company. Cereal problem.

Sorry but I still disagree. I can understand letting go when it comes to Dooley and Kiffin, but we are still overcoming the affects of Butch.

OK, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
female-health-worker_1f469-200d-2695-fe0f.png

I think Florida is going to be interesting this year. Our biggest complaint on our side for a number of years has focused mostly on our offensive line or lack thereof. Florida lost 4 starters off of their offensive line from last year. Between those guys that was 145 starts. They also lost their 6th man on the offensive line. The only guy returning is their center. One of the guys that was thought to have a lock on a starting job this year is out for medical reasons. I think we mostly know by now that without an offensive line it's a big challenge for an offense to get on track. One of their 247 writers suggested Mehlen may move toward an up tempo offense this year to try to protect Franks. They also lost a few playmakers on defense (a couple pass rushers, a linebacker, and their STAR) but I think they may be able to deal with that .

Can they win 10 games? I really don't think so. They should beat Miami but I'm in a wait and see on that. ESPN's preseason FPI ranks Miami's defense as 15th best. How well or not well the gators offense can deal with the Canes' defense should be an early indication of how well Mehlen has been able to cobble together an inexperienced offensive line.

VN Store

Back