Vandy pregame speech

Now that we are bowl eligible it is easy for us to rest and prepare for the bowl game. But this week is still important. Vandy has improved over the season. What would your pregame speech be?
Here is mine…

Guys, I know we are officially bowl eligible but that isn’t enough. We need to finish 8-5. But we can’t finish 8-5 if we lose this week to Vandy. We have to get to 7-5 first. This Vandy team has gotten better all year. They have been playing better football these last few weeks. If there is any game they will get up for it is this game against us. Everything they have done all year was to prepare them for this game. They will come to play. They will have the energy. We need to take that energy away from them early! All of you that were on the team when we lost to Vandy, how did that feel? They bragged about it all year. Rubbed it in our face, and the fans face. They said our dominance over them is over. That they would never lose to us again. Let’s show them how wrong they are. We are THE University of TENNESSEE!! This is OUR state. We own this state. It’s in the name! For all of you that felt the loss to Vandy, let’s go out there and take it out on them and show them who owns this state, this field, and this rivalry!!! For those that weren’t here, let’s make sure you never know what it feels like to lose to Vandy. Everyone get in here. Tennessee on 3. 1,2,3 TENNESSEE!!!!

(slaps I will give my all for Tennessee as we run out of the locker room)
Mine is almost word for word like yours but slightly shorter. Here it goes:

“Win”

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Now that we are bowl eligible it is easy for us to rest and prepare for the bowl game. But this week is still important. Vandy has improved over the season. What would your pregame speech be?
Here is mine…

Guys, I know we are officially bowl eligible but that isn’t enough. We need to finish 8-5. But we can’t finish 8-5 if we lose this week to Vandy. We have to get to 7-5 first. This Vandy team has gotten better all year. They have been playing better football these last few weeks. If there is any game they will get up for it is this game against us. Everything they have done all year was to prepare them for this game. They will come to play. They will have the energy. We need to take that energy away from them early! All of you that were on the team when we lost to Vandy, how did that feel? They bragged about it all year. Rubbed it in our face, and the fans face. They said our dominance over them is over. That they would never lose to us again. Let’s show them how wrong they are. We are THE University of TENNESSEE!! This is OUR state. We own this state. It’s in the name! For all of you that felt the loss to Vandy, let’s go out there and take it out on them and show them who owns this state, this field, and this rivalry!!! For those that weren’t here, let’s make sure you never know what it feels like to lose to Vandy. Everyone get in here. Tennessee on 3. 1,2,3 TENNESSEE!!!!

How about:

When we play Vanderbilt, everyone gets to play by the end of the third quarter. Make it happen.

For a high class supposedly top notch school, their grammar is lacking. This came from one of their boards:

Posted on 12/21/20 at 11:28 am

Who is Vanderbilt's Rivals? Maybe cornbread is going to be their next coach!

Reactions: Model12
Just show them a picture of George Cafego curb stomping their ass in 39.
🤣
Coach Cafego gave the Vandy Speech for years. He told them why Gen Neyland was hired, and from that time on what was expected of every Vol who ever stepped on the field when playing VU.
He talked of his hatred for them and how horrible they would feel the rest of their lives if they lost this game..
He was known to say that he would rather have a daughter be a French Quarter Prostitute in New Orleans than a Son playing QB at Vandy.!

1637708415727-jpeg.414332

Stockholm syndrome

Reactions: feathersax
Here is mine…

With guys like Matthew Butler in the locker room, something tells me this bunch won’t need a rah rah speech before they step onto the field with vandy.
GBO!!

Reactions: feathersax
I would tell them, vandy HATES you guys more than anyone. They would gladly agree to go 1-11 if the 1 was against you. Hell they’d sighs a 5 year contract for it!
They will try anything to beat you, in the past they even had 2 LBs Run straight at Tenns Kicker, and knock him out of the game on the opening kickoff, Faud.
Be prepared for anything, don’t get sucked into a fight with a 3rd string DE who was in for only that purpose.
They will come with full emotion,
HIT THEM!! BUST THEIR ASS EVERY CHANCE YOU GET, KNOCK THAT EMOTION OUT OF THEM!
Play what you have been shooting for all season. PLAY THE BEST GAME YOU HAVE PLAYED ALL YEAR!!
Be merciless, be relentless, and HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!

CJH Pregame Vandy Speech:

“If you want to return to Knoxville next year or be considered by NFL scouts, you better sure as hell whoop some Camode Doors arses back to NashVegas”

Last edited:
I actually thought of posting this in the favorite Vandy game thread but this one actually seems a better fit . For many years we (my family & I ) owned a business in downtown Nashville where by coincidence two of the freight drivers for our primary carrier were VFL’s. Bryan Kimbro told me the story and Keith Davis confirmed it . In 1987 a 9-2-1 TN was a heavy favorite over a 4-7 Vandy team but found themselves trailing 28-3 in the 2nd quarter . I was 9 and in attendance which was why I brought it up with Kimbro . TN started making a little noise before the half but were still in a pretty deep hole at halftime .

I asked Kimbro what coach Majors said at the half , expecting that he peeled the paint from the locker room walls but he said CJM calmly said something along the lines of this. “This is our last home game , then we have a bowl game , then this season is in the books . I’m from the midstate , as are many of you and I know what it means to lose to Vanderbilt . You will get to hear about it all off-season . Once the bowl game is finished I’m gonna go play a little golf , maybe take the family on vacation for a few days and then visit recruits . Then we’ll have spring practice , fall practice and then start a new season . I will be too busy and far removed to hear the noise . Now as for you players from the mid state like Woods , Kimbro and Davis it will be inescapable so if you wanna lay down and lose to these bums then by all means have at it. If you have some pride and don’t wanna hear it then get out there and let’s beat the hell out of them “

TN won 38-36

A serious speech idea would be to lay out what our seniors have endured over their 4-6 years at Tennessee, and then tell each team to go make today's game a tribute to those seniors.

You fight for the guy in the foxhole next to you. This is a close team, and we've all read how the younger players have appreciated the seniors.

I actually thought of posting this in the favorite Vandy game thread but this one actually seems a better fit . For many years we (my family & I ) owned a business in downtown Nashville where by coincidence two of the freight drivers for our primary carrier were VFL’s. Bryan Kimbro told me the story and Keith Davis confirmed it . In 1987 a 9-2-1 TN was a heavy favorite over a 4-7 Vandy team but found themselves trailing 28-3 in the 2nd quarter . I was 9 and in attendance which was why I brought it up with Kimbro . TN started making a little noise before the half but were still in a pretty deep hole at halftime .

I asked Kimbro what coach Majors said at the half , expecting that he peeled the paint from the locker room walls but he said CJM calmly said something along the lines of this. “This is our last home game , then we have a bowl game , then this season is in the books . I’m from the midstate , as are many of you and I know what it means to lose to Vanderbilt . You will get to hear about it all off-season . Once the bowl game is finished I’m gonna go play a little golf , maybe take the family on vacation for a few days and then visit recruits . Then we’ll have spring practice , fall practice and then start a new season . I will be too busy and far removed to hear the noise . Now as for you players from the mid state like Woods , Kimbro and Davis it will be inescapable so if you wanna lay down and lose to these bums then by all means have at it. If you have some pride and don’t wanna hear it then get out there and let’s beat the hell out of them “
TN won 38-36
Wife & I were in Neyland that day. We live in Nashville, she worked at vandie, & Tennessee was down to Watson Brown's commode-doors 0-28. Misery was replaced by glee. Figured that Coach Majors had blown the locker room doors off with his halftime rant Rightly so! Today it's time to step on the gas & never let up. GBO

Reactions: Jravol78

VN Store

Back