Vandy pregame speech

imavolfan

I bleed Orange
Now that we are bowl eligible it is easy for us to rest and prepare for the bowl game. But this week is still important. Vandy has improved over the season. What would your pregame speech be?
Here is mine…

Guys, I know we are officially bowl eligible but that isn’t enough. We need to finish 8-5. But we can’t finish 8-5 if we lose this week to Vandy. We have to get to 7-5 first. This Vandy team has gotten better all year. They have been playing better football these last few weeks. If there is any game they will get up for it is this game against us. Everything they have done all year was to prepare them for this game. They will come to play. They will have the energy. We need to take that energy away from them early! All of you that were on the team when we lost to Vandy, how did that feel? They bragged about it all year. Rubbed it in our face, and the fans face. They said our dominance over them is over. That they would never lose to us again. Let’s show them how wrong they are. We are THE University of TENNESSEE!! This is OUR state. We own this state. It’s in the name! For all of you that felt the loss to Vandy, let’s go out there and take it out on them and show them who owns this state, this field, and this rivalry!!! For those that weren’t here, let’s make sure you never know what it feels like to lose to Vandy. Everyone get in here. Tennessee on 3. 1,2,3 TENNESSEE!!!!

(slaps I will give my all for Tennessee as we run out of the locker room)

Last edited:
iu

I might say "Don't be TOO rough guys. One of them may be your proctologist some day." :p
If they went to undergrad school at Wonderbilt that would be a good reason to eat beans the night before the exam and save up for a huge fart!!!!

Roll out of bed, head down to the stadium, WTFA, then go home and back to bed.

If you want to be highly annoyed with Vandy fans, back when I did my “What other message boards are saying” threads, every year I would post the same quote for Vandy from their boards in 2014.

The quote was “After beating UT twice in a row, and us having so much more success than them lately, it’s hard to keep calling them a rival. They just aren’t the same level of program as the Georgias, Alabamas, and Vanderbilts of the SEC”

That’s a real quote.

VN Store

Back