Vandy is all that matters (and signing day)

ALL depends on which team gets off the bus.. if it's the same one that played last night then we lose by 10 at least.. too inconsistent IMO

Have very few on this board ever built anything? You just don’t say “I’m going to build a buisiness, car, house, a football team, (mostly from parts that others wouldn’t use), and have success”, this thing needs a rebuild and it will take a little time. Who knows if UT beats Vandy.
Some one claimed that if UT didn’t beat UF they would go 0-8 in the SEC.
I’ll watch the game next week just like I’ve watched the other games this year, happy to see my favorite team play, happier to see them win against the odds. After all, this year has already gone pretty much as expected.
Well I hoped we would have seen improvement in an admittedly sorry team. Didn’t happen, that’s what’s so disappointing. This has to go mostly on the coaches I feel. Can’t blame it on injury bug as all teams have had those. Yeah we lost our supposedly best player, but the other players needed to step up. Didn’t happen. I’m old and this is the worst I’ve seen. Sad. Only can hope.

Reactions: MoodyVol
The only reason the Vols were able to beat Kentucky, is because they lost to Georgia the week before and it cost them a trip to Atlanta. Last week, Kentucky felt like they had nothing to play for. Similar to the Auburn game! So I guess you can give Pruitt credit for being able to take advantage of teams when they are down.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains!
When Pruitt turns this all around when he actually has a little bit of time to get his players in here and cuts out the stink from the Burch Jones era, I really hope I don’t see you pretending you knew all along that Pruitt was the guy.

Vandy has the better Qb, better RB, better TE, better Ol. Vols have better WRs. Both defenses are about even but Vandy tackles in secondary a lot better than Vols do. I'll call it Vandy 34 Vols 17. Makes me sick but other than KY and Auburn, Vols haven't played a game this yr where they'd beat vandy. Vandy offense is much better balanced than both Ky (can't throw) & Auburn (can't run).

And they will be fired up!!!

Well I hoped we would have seen improvement in an admittedly sorry team. Didn’t happen, that’s what’s so disappointing. This has to go mostly on the coaches I feel. Can’t blame it on injury bug as all teams have had those. Yeah we lost our supposedly best player, but the other players needed to step up. Didn’t happen. I’m old and this is the worst I’ve seen. Sad. Only can hope.

Perspective I suppose. I saw quite a bit of improvement and a glimpse into the next couple of years. It’s been a very long time since UT had a secondary people worried about but it looks promising now. And with a front that can put a little pressure on the QB they will be even better. UT lost more than one player this year. Arguably the 2 best O-Linemen then the loss of Kongbo, who seemed to be coming into his own, solid player but not a world beater, and some other bumps and bruises along the way.
There simply was no depth to recover from that. It might have made a difference in a game this year, it might not have, but at this point a single game would make UT bowl eligible and by many accounts a pretty successful season.
As it stands right now this season has gone pretty much as expected in terms of wins and losses.

The only reason the Vols were able to beat Kentucky, is because they lost to Georgia the week before and it cost them a trip to Atlanta. Last week, Kentucky felt like they had nothing to play for. Similar to the Auburn game! So I guess you can give Pruitt credit for being able to take advantage of teams when they are down.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains!

It’s really hard to take you seriously, which I don’t. Your posts show that you know nothing about the personnel this staff is working with. Take a good look at our team versus other teams during warm ups. Look at the size and body types of the athletes, we are small and weak at positions where we shouldn’t be.

Honestly, the Kentucky win was never what people though it was. If you ignore the idiots who ranked Kentucky in the top 10, and just look at how they've played, Kentucky is an average/below average team. If you throw us, Kentucky, and Vandy, in a pile, there's not a lot of separation between the three of us.

When Pruitt turns this all around when he actually has a little bit of time to get his players in here and cuts out the stink from the Burch Jones era, I really hope I don’t see you pretending you knew all along that Pruitt was the guy.

Nobody knows if CJP is the guy or not. Saturday will tell us more if he is or isn’t.

The season will be very successful with a victory over Vanderbilt. The tale of the tape this year was learning how to beat KY and Vandy again. That was the most important job of this coaching staff when they arrived. It's a measure of how far we have fallen that Missouri has trucked us more often than not since their arrival in the SEC (and I hate it) but it doesn't matter considering the real goals of the season. We've been wildly inconsistent which was to be expected. CJP took a team with anti-development, a team where the love of the game had been coached out of them, and has a chance to bring them back to .500 football and a bowl game. He's had some big wins this year that he shouldn't have had. The orange shoots of recovery have been visible. The CJP freshman class is performing. CJP has to beat Vandy and he has to show that he and his staff can recruit like heck especially at positions of need. Next Saturday and signing day are all that matters now.
After what we’ve witnessed through 11 games, there’s nothing that will make this season “very successful”, it’s way too late for that.

If we can find a way to upset Vanderbilt and get to a bowl game, the season can be acceptable given the monumental task Pruitt has been given to turn around. The program was a tire fire with a broken culture and very few legit SEC players. So, if we can find a way to beat a better Vanderbilt team, I think we can finish feeling okay about how the program incrementally improved this year, where the program is headed and all the bad 4+ touchdown blowout losses can be somewhat mitigated.

Lose against Vandy yet again however, and there’s gonna be a really, really bad taste left in the mouths of most Vol fans.

Wow. I don't let Vol football consume every fiber of my being anymore but I'm not feeling all these negative vibes. We got trucked but it was going to happen a few times this year. Why is Vanderbilt unbeatable suddenly?

Because the Vols have lost 4 out of 6 to Vandy and Shurmur is better than any QB the Vols have on the roster. Vols defense has wilted against any decent QB they played this season.

Throw in Mason is a solid defensive coach who keeps his guys motivated along with the fact that they are trying to get bowl eligible just like the Vols.

Expecting a win is setting ones self up for disappointment. Can it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Depends on turnovers IMO.

Reactions: NashvilleFan

And the only reason we lost to South Carolina is that we played bama the week before and usc had a bye week so ...

Reactions: BreatheUT
Lol in his first year , you would have had Saban ready to burn at the stake after he lost to La Monroe his first year at bama too
Wow

There will be no excuse if the team comes out flat and uninspired again on Saturday.

A good coach has the players he has ready to play every game, so far that is one of CJPs shortcomings.

I was had been living in Bham for about 16 years when that happened. They WERE ready to run him out especially with that paycheck. We’ll know more about CJP in the next couple of years. This season is a wash.

Lol in his first year , you would have had Saban ready to burn at the stake after he lost to La Monroe his first year at bama too
Wow

You know, I honestly don't believe this opinion, and I know it's on here quite a bit. You can generally tell HOW a team plays, even if they lose the game. Fuente's first game at Memphis, they lost to UT Martin, but you 100% could tell that the team was better prepared than they had been previously. I think it's possible to be better and still lose, and for the fans to realize this.

It's one thing to expect Pruitt to come in here and beat a bunch of SEC teams with a down roster. But it's not too much to field a competitive, improving team. The question is, has he done that? Idk. The upset of Auburn was encouraging (I don't care what people say, beating Kentucky wasn't an upset, but a nice win). But you have to wonder why we've been completely non-competitive in so many games. I knew from the beginning that buffoon Jones was not the guy. I truly don't feel like I know anymore about Pruitt than I did when the season began.

ALL depends on which team gets off the bus.. if it's the same one that played last night then we lose by 10 at least.. too inconsistent IMO

Mizzou was a much different animal than UK or Auburn because they are so well balanced. Don't bring an extra man into the box and Mizzou is going to run the ball, and I think Crockett and Rountree are both as good of backs as Snell if not better, because they both can take it all the way (and Crockett didn't even play much and that 3rd string back hurt us behind that big, physical OL). But if you bring an extra man into the box then Locke is going to throw to one of his several weapons, and he didn't even have Knox and Albert O available last night. We were going to have to score 30+ points and win the TO and field position battles last night to have any chance to win. Vandy doesn't have as many weapons offensively as Mizzou, but they are also far more balanced offensively than either UK or Auburn. They don't have a great defense, but it is solid, and this is Mason's 5th season at Vandy so his system and his players are in place and he has instilled that mental and physical toughness in his players that Pruitt is trying to create in the team he inherited. Vandy is a tougher team mentally and physically right now and UT will have to have some breaks Saturday to win. And hope that JG and JG can play for starters.

Sounds like you have lost faith vs losing faith.....

Vandy is just a tougher team than the Vols. How did that happen? Vandy wins.

They copied the Stanford model. They are more physical than many bad to middle SEC teams. More physical than Tenn the last 2 yrs. more physical than Ole Miss last night. More physical than Ky usually. Somehow they can’t beat SC. Unreal.

( and signing day ) That’s the L I’m worried about taking after last night. I’ve only seen one negative tweet about one of the linebackers out of Georgia having “ doubt” now.

VN Store

Back