Vandy coach comments on UT fan support

To Vanderbilt, LSU, and the rest of the SEC that has an issue with UT: Stop worrying about us and worry about your own program. Also, get some thicker skin. Problem solved.

Like seriously Corbin was complimentary to the crowd and was trying to get Nashville’s mayor and his own Administration to allow fans into the stadium.

"I don’t know what we’re doing in Nashville, but there aren’t many empty seats (at UT). ... COVID does not exist in Knoxville. There are a lot of people here having a good time and sometimes at our expense. They created a very good environment here for baseball, & I credit them." Does not sound like complaining

" COVID does not exist in Knoxville"
Yeah that's whining or calling the fan base reckless. However you prefer to read his comment.

Reactions: Megatron88
Like seriously Corbin was complimentary to the crowd and was trying to get Nashville’s mayor and his own Administration to allow fans into the stadium.

"I don’t know what we’re doing in Nashville, but there aren’t many empty seats (at UT). ... COVID does not exist in Knoxville. There are a lot of people here having a good time and sometimes at our expense. They created a very good environment here for baseball, & I credit them." Does not sound like complaining
I know this article states the whole quote and it is in fact complimentary and a pressure tactic. However, immediately after the game a tweet went out that said when asked about UT’s crowd Corbin responded “Covid doesn’t exist in Knoxville”. That, without any context before or after, makes it sound like he was being snide in regards to our protocols. That’s the problem with “journalism” and the media today; they put out what they want people to see/hear. Even Vandy fans on Twitter were roasting Corbin in the comments because they were under the same false pretense.

" COVID does not exist in Knoxville"
Yeah that's whining or calling the fan base reckless. However you prefer to read his comment.

His comment on Covid was a fairly accurate assessment. It's been a difficult year for many and we're not out of the woods yet.
Not a political statement, but reflective of a lot of college campuses.
Hopefully, we'll have full stadiums in the fall for football and basketball... our fans are great, passionate and I can't imagine the sounds at TBA when Fulky steps on that court the first time or football scores that first/second/third TD in a game

He wasn’t complaining, it was actually complimentary. He was saying it to apply pressure on Vandy to open up their stadium for more fans. Corbin wants Vandy to match what other SEC schools are doing by easing fan restrictions.
This. Get a grip people.

To Vanderbilt, LSU, and the rest of the SEC that has an issue with UT: Stop worrying about us and worry about your own program. Also, get some thicker skin. Problem solved.
As much as I don’t like Vandy I have to say he wasn’t complaining. Sounds like to me he enjoyed the atmosphere and the amount of fans that was at the game and he sounds like he trying to put pressure on his own AD department to open the stadium up for fans in Nashville.

Corbin is all class. Compliment from him is further proof that CTV is killing it. KILLING IT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel a lot of the football season. The COVID Nazis and power brokers in the media are still hyping it to scare people. They are "finding" new "strains" already here and places like Brazil. Putting these young players and other students in quarantine based on current rules is malpractice at least and should be criminal. They are denying students and athletes at all levels a quality education. It is time all of this ends.

Stick it Corbin...At least we don't have the annoying whistling farmer.

No kidding, and at least we can still call our parents mom and dad, wish people a merry Christmas, and tell people God bless you when they sneeze without offending someone. Oh, and we dont have to sit in classes with people who identify as cats and mermaids instead of male and female and are required to address them as such.

Cool. Good to know.

So this Corbin guy is a real piece of work huh?
You mean by complimenting the crowd at Tennessee. What he said was the exact opposite of Mainieri and O’Sullivan said. Corbin said he enjoyed seeing people at the ballpark having a good time and being loud. I don’t understand how that’s so controversial. He even stopped his players from getting mouthy during the games. He let’s them have fun but instantly stopped anything that was disrespectful.

VN Store

Back