Vandy becoming the real UT

When’s the last sugar bowl victory or appearance?
Last orange bowl victory or appearance?
Fiesta bowl appearance or victory?
Sec east title?
Sec title?
How many victories over Fl last 15 years?
Victories over Bama last 15 years?
Victories over LSU last 15years?
Victory over any top 5 team last 15 years?

Has TN done anything in THIS century???

You guys act like it’s a given. I hope to God things turn around but the blind Peter piper following of some of you is why our school got Dooley and jones as a coach....cause the AD views the fans as a bunch of cuckolds who they can screw over repeatedly and still get their money.

Demand more!
Some think changing coaches every 3-4 years is the answer to the problem. The solution is hiring a good coach by someone who can recognize a good coach. I think Fulmer was able to do that and we will see the results by the end of this year or in 2020.

Reactions: NEO
Some think changing coaches every 3-4 years is the answer to the problem. The solution is hiring a good coach by someone who can recognize a good coach. I think Fulmer was able to do that and we will see the results by the end of this year or in 2020.

I think we are headed in the right direction and hope we never deal with this crap again.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
There are a few reasons that Vandy will never overtake UT.
1. Vanderbilt does not have and will never have the financial support for the athletic program that UT has.
2. Vanderbilt does not have the fan base to support a major program that UT has.
3. Every program has its ups and downs, but Vandy is on an upswing for their potential and are still not a top 25 team.
4. UT has invested too much into the program to let it fall 2nd to Vandy.
5. Vandy is a private school with much higher academic standards for admission and a far more cumbersome class load.

These are only a few of the biggest reasons that I see that will keep Vandy from overtaking UT. There will never be a time that they change the culture in the state IMO.

Vandy has done more with less for the last decade, I won't deny it's time for change, "Make Tennessee Great Again"!

There are a few reasons that Vandy will never overtake UT.
1. Vanderbilt does not have and will never have the financial support for the athletic program that UT has.
2. Vanderbilt does not have the fan base to support a major program that UT has.
3. Every program has its ups and downs, but Vandy is on an upswing for their potential and are still not a top 25 team.
4. UT has invested too much into the program to let it fall 2nd to Vandy.
5. Vandy is a private school with much higher academic standards for admission and a far more cumbersome class load.

These are only a few of the biggest reasons that I see that will keep Vandy from overtaking UT. There will never be a time that they change the culture in the state IMO.

For number 5, something tells me that James Franklin’s boys weren’t exactly future brain surgeons. I won’t argue the overall academic prowess of the universities. Vanderbilt is an elite academic institution, and it is much smaller than UT, with a much higher percentage of graduate students. However, the course load can also be similar or more challenging at a public university like UT. Just ask Josh Dobbs. UT also has things like a top ten nuclear engineering program. They are just two very different institutions... We should have a natural advantage based on the school profiles, like you were saying, but it ain’t cause we dumb or don’t have challenging classes.

As an addendum: A private school could technically admit my dog if it chose to do so.

For number 5, something tells me that James Franklin’s boys weren’t exactly future brain surgeons. I won’t argue the overall academic prowess of the universities. Vanderbilt is an elite academic institution, and it is much smaller than UT, with a much higher percentage of graduate students. However, the course load can also be similar or more challenging at a public university like UT. Just ask Josh Dobbs. UT also has things like a top ten nuclear engineering program. They are just two very different institutions... We should have a natural advantage based on the school profiles, like you were saying, but it ain’t cause we dumb or don’t have challenging classes.

As an addendum: A private school could technically admit my dog if it chose to do so.

It's called Peabody College.

Is the OP a troll? See the latest thread started on the basketball board about Auburn and couldn't wait to take a dig at Coach Barnes.

With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?
Don’t understand this line of thinking. The “real UT” is an excellent football program over decades that has the 10th most wins in ncaa history and routinely battles for SEC titles while being relevant nationally. Just because Vandy has beaten the ish out of us for the last 6-7 years doesn’t make them the real anything. They’re still a very mediocre, 5-7/6-6 type program that still has never won even 1 SEC title....closest they ever got was 4th in the East during the Franklin era.

It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

Why wait 10 years when we can give up on them now? Geez.

Congrats! You’ve been added to a small, but select group of idiots I no longer read.

Reactions: feathersax
It’s a valid question....

A lot of boo or gifs but facts are facts.

Vandy in heart of city with 2 million plus metro and growing fast with out of staters.

Much easier to get to stadium.

Winning record over UT lately.

Bowl games to actually go to.

I am not saying now but in 10 years if things don’t change and Vandy starts getting better there could easily be a fan flip.

In the heart of that 2 million plus metro, at no point last year was their 40,000-seat stadium filled. And when it came close to being filled, it was a result of visiting fans.

The Vandy bubble is a bubble. Jimmy Franklin/Derrick Mason are the luckiest Vandy coaches in forever because they were/are there when their biggest rival and the SEC East are at their historical nadir. And unlike us, ALL 4 of their OOC opponents every year are cupcakes. (Jimmy Franklin famously cancelled previously scheduled OOC games with Ohio State and even Northwestern, a "like-minded academic school," as Vandy fans like to say). So they have a built-in 4 wins. Pick off 2 weak conference teams (like UT in recent years) and they get a bowl game.

Every true-gold Vandy fans knows, deep in his heart, that Tennessee will make a comeback and regularly beat them again.

So no, Vandy is not the new UT.

I see your point in that UT has challenging classes, and you're right that some players like Dobbs have a very challenging course load. I do think though that Dobbs is more the exception than the rule. Most Vandy players are going to have a tough list of classes because of the nature of their school where as UT players can have a very challenging course load if they choose a difficult major. I haven't done any research to back this up, but I would imagine that the large majority of UT players are majoring in something less challenging than their Vandy counterparts.

With Vandy owning us the last few years, the new generation only knowing a UT team that loses to Vandy, and Vandy being in the heart of Nashville where almost everyone moving in is from another part of the country and holding no emotional ties to the past or clinging onto stories of the good old days......

Is there a chance that if things do not change in the next few years, that Vandy becomes the new UT and the Vols are left by the side of the road?
Forgot the blue font?

VN Store

Back