Vanderbilt Fires Head Coach, Stephanie White

Vandy, like Arkansas didn’t want to admit they sh*t the bed hiring their coach. But unlike Arkansas, Vandy let White drag them so far in the hole.
And the Vanderbilt women's basketball program will stay in the SEC basement with Auburn.

Reactions: Lucy
Please review what I was replying to. It was a post about paying to see naked pictures of women.

He was referencing an ex-Golf Channel personality who quite famously (or infamously) left her job at Fox Sports to pursue that line of work. It doesn't have anything to do with the original topic, but it was a follow-up comment to his reference. I wouldn't have thought in a million years that someone possibly would have taken offense to that, especially if you understood the reference, but here we are.

He was referencing an ex-Golf Channel personality who quite famously (or infamously) left her job at Fox Sports to pursue that line of work. It doesn't have anything to do with the original topic, but it was a follow-up comment to his reference. I wouldn't have thought in a million years that someone possibly would have taken offense to that, especially if you understood the reference, but here we are.
When you objectify women by referring to them as parts and pieces that is offensive. So yes, there you are.

Lucy, @DeerPark12 is a trusted and valued, longtime poster who I feel would never objectify anyone or anything.
Coach J I appreciate you standing up for Deer Park but I know what I read. This is a board where we discuss collegiate women’s sports. We should be supporting our Lady Vols. Discussing paying women to see their various body parts(I’ll skip the slang version) is what objectifying is. Women are not whole humans equal to men. They are a bunch of parts for men to discuss. Portraying women as such diminishes their intrinsic humanity and worth.
Deer Park could be the greatest guy in the world but he should know that every time he talks/writes about a woman as just parts ( notice he doesn’t comment on whether she did a good job reporting on Golf Channel) he, perhaps even unthinkingly or unintentionally, gives credence to women as objects.
Our Lady Vols deserve better from a board ostensibly to celebrate/discuss their achievements.

Last edited:
Based on who they hired and the timing of White’s firing it makes you wonder if Ralph and Garrick had reached out to them about coaching there. Seemed like they were all set to go with White for another season and then unceremoniously pulled the plug when they realized they might have a better option.

VN Store

Back