Vanderbilt at Purdue

Wow Vandy got screwed on that call. Purdue's QB wasn't outside the tackle box. That should be a safety.

I watched it 3 times, and I disagree. The Purdue player was still going forward with momentum and lowered his head.

What it comes down to is tackling technique by the defender. If the defender is looking at the ground when tackling someone and their helmets hit then they will be called for targeting. I played rugby and we didn’t have helmets. We were taught to keep our head up when tackling to protect ourselves. Take helmets away from football players and all these defenders will magically find a way to tackle without targeting

What it comes down to is tackling technique by the defender. If the defender is looking at the ground when tackling someone and their helmets hit then they will be called for targeting. I played rugby and we didn’t have helmets. We were taught to keep our head up when tackling to protect ourselves. Take helmets away from football players and all these defenders will magically find a way to tackle without targeting

I understand all that; my point being is they don't even seem to consider when the offensive player lowers his head; if you're really about safety, call it both ways.

Well, if you’re a Vandy fan at least you know you’ve got a 4th straight win (and 6 wins in the last 8 games) coming later in the year vs lowly Tennessee.

Reactions: Aesius and 08Vol
I watched it 3 times, and I disagree. The Purdue player was still going forward with momentum and lowered his head.
Kid was being tackled, momentum was stopped, Vandy came in with the crown of his helmet, easy call. I don’t like the sissy rules either, but we’ve gotta live with them.

Reactions: 08Vol
Well, if you’re a Vandy fan at least you know you’ve got a 4th straight win (and 6 wins in the last 8 games) coming later in the year vs lowly Tennessee.
I quite literally just threw up in my mouth reading that. 10 years ago I would have called you ****ing nuts but here we are.

Vandy probably will beat us again. It's likely that both teams will have at least 7 losses when we play. With noting but pride to play for... they have definitely shown more pride than us the last 7 years. We have usually checked out by then.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

VN Store

Back