VanDarius Cowan

Butch Jones also put a stop to signing athletes that can compete at a championship level. If you recruit hulks, you will inevitably get hulk behavior. It's just a matter of keeping control of your program.

I thought it was more his coaching that was the issue, and we had/have plenty of talent.

Reactions: 1 person
This player is a hard pass. It would be only a matter of time before we hear about him knocking out some frat kid at Cool Beans because he looked at him the wrong way. I'm all for second chances, but this kid needs to go the Juco route and prove he's worthy of being a collegiate athlete.

Basilio says he is hearing that "Tennessee is kicking the tires here "

take that for what its worth .

I would give the kid a chance knowing that it’s his last chance. Maybe make him redshirt this year to get things together. Also I would expect that he would give his all for Tennessee especially against Alabama.

How many Inside backers have we had that are 6'4"and 236# and the # 4 inside backer in the country coming out of high school . And he was actually recruited by Pruitt to sign with Bama .

Weird. Well I still wouldn't want to waste a spot in the 85 which can also limit the class size.

Not really. We have a number of seniors and graduate transfers...there’s room. If you don’t want him because he’s a bad apple? Go with that...numbers are fine.

Prototypical-sized LB for Pruitt.

VanDarius Cowan, Alabama, Outside Linebacker

Did he get into some of that trouble during or after Pruitt's tenure there? I'm a bit curious how CJP handles these kinds of incidents (i.e., keeps giving 2nd chances, one-and-done, etc.).

I noticed in his profile that he was recruited by Jeremy Pruitt.If anyone should know this player it would be our coach.I will trust his judgement!

Not really. We have a number of seniors and graduate transfers...there’s room. If you don’t want him because he’s a bad apple? Go with that...numbers are fine.

When did you go from we can only take 15 next class to we have tons of room. And no, I don't think he is worth a scholarship either way.

Basilio says he is hearing that "Tennessee is kicking the tires here "

take that for what its worth .

That's Basilio code for "I know of absolutely nothing, but i'm making a safe statement just in case something happens so I can take credit"

Reactions: 5 people
When did you go from we can only take 15 next class to we have tons of room. And no, I don't think he is worth a scholarship either way.

85 on a roster to players we’re ALLOWED to take in a class? Paying off blueshirt credit card bills. We have room on the 85. He’s worth it as an athlete but a liability discipline wise.

VN Store

Back