VanDarius Cowan

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
What does anyone on VN know about the allegedly released Bama LB, VanDarius Cowan? Not sure if wholly true or not nor why if true he was booted. Supposed to be a 4* but wonder if it's worth the Vols seeking to add him to the team.

He was dismissed due to a bar incident.. As far as getting him, we would have to trust Pruitt with that decision.

Reactions: 1 person
He was dismissed due to a bar incident.. As far as getting him, we would have to trust Pruitt with that decision.

He had a 6-week drug-related suspension in place for the upcoming season before he was kicked off of the team.

Wasn't he the guy that got sent home during the Opening or a HS All-star game for beating someone up there as well?

Reactions: 2 people
He had a 6-week drug-related suspension in place for the upcoming season before he was kicked off of the team.

Wasn't he the guy that got sent home during the Opening or a HS All-star game for beating someone up there as well?

Oh boy! If this is true, best Pruitt not even pretend he knows the guy exists. Thems that follow trouble so much that trouble follows them as well, best to stay away from 'em.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
What does anyone on VN know about the allegedly released Bama LB, VanDarius Cowan? Not sure if wholly true or not nor why if true he was booted. Supposed to be a 4* but wonder if it's worth the Vols seeking to add him to the team.

There is a video of the bar incident that was the cause of his release. It's hard to see what happened because the bar is packed, but he assaulted another guy. He played 7 games last year as a freshman. He's a talented football player that can't seem to stay out of trouble. We don't need that imo.

No, he was kicked off of his HS team. So he could not play in the All Star game.

No, he was kicked off of his HS team. So he could not play in the All Star game.

Sounds like he's trouble from the get-go and not learning from his behavior or the consequences. The best neutralizing agent for a toxin is not have the toxin available to begin with. I was hoping maybe we'd get lucky with another Kennedyque steal. Guess not.

I don't really understand why people think trying to get this guy to transfer here would be a good idea.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't really understand why people think trying to get this guy to transfer here would be a good idea.

This thread at least, I think the question was if he was worth it. Then subsequently folks stated factors that discouraged the idea. Don't know who as yet is blaring a "Get him!" horn. Least I haven't seen that yet.

Last edited:
It's only if they were dismissed for serious misconduct which is defined as sexual assault, domestic violence or other forms of sexual violence.

SEC bans transfers dismissed for '''serious misconduct''' | SI.com

I guess they expanded it a little the next year and he could loosely fall into the last part of the new criteria.

SEC expands 'serious misconduct' rule for transfer students

League presidents and chancellors voted Friday to add “dating violence, stalking or conduct of a nature that creates serious concern about the safety of others” to its current legislation regarding transfer students, a bylaw that was passed in 2015.

I mean no ill will against the man personally, but we spent years with players always getting in trouble, and thankfully Butch Jones DID rein that in quite a bit. It's been nice not being a laughingstock in the news for misbehaving players like we used to. If only we weren't a laughingstock for other reasons, lol!

We don't need to start going down that road again.

I mean no ill will against the man personally, but we spent years with players always getting in trouble, and thankfully Butch Jones DID put a stop to that. It's been nice not being a laughingstock in the news for misbehaving players like we used to.

We don't need to start going down that road again.

Butch Jones also put a stop to signing athletes that can compete at a championship level. If you recruit hulks, you will inevitably get hulk behavior. It's just a matter of keeping control of your program.

Butch Jones also put a stop to signing athletes that can compete at a championship level. If you recruit hulks, you will inevitably get hulk behavior. It's just a matter of keeping control of your program.

Nick Saban is a type A personality with total control over his program and he couldn’t handle him but you want us during a rebuild to “ take a chance “ on this guy ? Ummmm just .. No

VN Store

Back