vacation recommendations for Caribbean Feb/Mar

What destination(s)?

Rui Palace near Playa Del Carman (sp?) was great and had 3 or 4 other RUI hotels next door available to use. Think we stayed a RUI near Tullum one year as well.

Now Sapphire in the Dominican Republic was good. Look like they may only have 1 now in Mexico.

Actually been to Hedonism 3 in Jamaica as well but it's closed and renamed. It was not a typical Hedonism stay...it was part of a hippie music festival and we visited for music. Slept at a Breezes next door which was also a good little resort.

Reactions: McDad
I'm not sure about destinations, but I know @SumSoonerChick and I would be great guides through any locale you paid for us to come with you to.

Think about it, we'd be great at helping you avoid the tourist traps for a meager fee and all expenses paid.

That's a mighty generous offer, I bet McDadio is talking it over with his better half right now.

Reactions: VolNExile
I'm not sure about destinations, but I know @SumSoonerChick and I would be great guides through any locale you paid for us to come with you to.

Think about it, we'd be great at helping you avoid the tourist traps for a meager fee and all expenses paid.
I must be the luckiest fella in the world to have friends like yall.

Probably best to send you two there for recon and then have you come again with us. Right?

Rented an Air BnB in St. Croix last summer. Very low key island with plenty of hiking and beach options. Also honeymoon'd in Punta Cana 9 years ago. Not technically in the Caribbean, but Bermuda has the prettiest water I've ever seen.

Really want to go to Grand Cayman next. Looking at Kimpton Sea Fire or Caribbean Club.

St. Lucia is we’re the mrs. and I went on our honeymoon. We would go back in a heartbeat. We stayed at an all-inclusive near Castries. Loved the beautiful scenery of the terrain and many things to do there. The Pitons are a magnificent sight.

Reactions: Carp and McDad
I did an all inclusive in st Lucia for my first marriage honeymoon. It was gorgeous for sure. Black sand beach though but yes the Pitons are breathtaking. The area is dirt poor though so you kinda are relegated to the resort.

So I havnt seen my place listed but it really depends on what you enjoy as to where and what…
clubs, nightlife, pricey snooty food and imported wine and spirits, concierge services at 5 star resorts? I have been there in usvi, Bahamas , and Mexico in my younger dpays but never really enjoyed that.
if given our choice me and my family prefer, quiet peaceful Airbnb houses and b and b’s, a short walk down the street to an intimate local dining place or small bar, solitary beaches and reefs where you can not see anyone, snorkeling and scuba from the beach, remote fishing or paddling kayaks in mangroves etc… vieques island 7 miles from Puerto Rico and best part is no passport required which is a huge consideration in the COVID times leaving the USA and possibly not being able to get back in in a timely manner. Vieques was home to a huge naval base until recently when over half the island was set up in preservation trust and donated to the national park service. Absolutely fantastic to pack a picnic and take the family down a shell/ sand road then a path and pull up under coconut palms to your own private beach to spend the day. Discovering a new place was like a game for us the several times we have visited and never disappointed. If you decide to go this route I can substantially shorten your learning curve from how to get there ( and what to not do) scuba and boat access Local markets ( seafood and produce) caught or picked hours before, transfers etc…

So I havnt seen my place listed but it really depends on what you enjoy as to where and what…
clubs, nightlife, pricey snooty food and imported wine and spirits, concierge services at 5 star resorts? I have been there in usvi, Bahamas , and Mexico in my younger dpays but never really enjoyed that.
if given our choice me and my family prefer, quiet peaceful Airbnb houses and b and b’s, a short walk down the street to an intimate local dining place or small bar, solitary beaches and reefs where you can not see anyone, snorkeling and scuba from the beach, remote fishing or paddling kayaks in mangroves etc… vieques island 7 miles from Puerto Rico and best part is no passport required which is a huge consideration in the COVID times leaving the USA and possibly not being able to get back in in a timely manner. Vieques was home to a huge naval base until recently when over half the island was set up in preservation trust and donated to the national park service. Absolutely fantastic to pack a picnic and take the family down a shell/ sand road then a path and pull up under coconut palms to your own private beach to spend the day. Discovering a new place was like a game for us the several times we have visited and never disappointed. If you decide to go this route I can substantially shorten your learning curve from how to get there ( and what to not do) scuba and boat access Local markets ( seafood and produce) caught or picked hours before, transfers etc…
Awesome. Thanks.

Cayman is definitely an area of interest. Thanks.
Cayman Island and 7mi Beach I agree are outstanding. Our family has visited several times. Have also visited Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Jamaica, but Cayman is our favorite. The Islands Club on 7mi Beach is a nice place to lay your head If you don’t go the hotel or resort route.

Cayman Island and 7mi Beach I agree are outstanding. Our family has visited several times. Have also visited Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Jamaica, but Cayman is our favorite. The Islands Club on 7mi Beach is a nice place to lay your head If you don’t go the hotel or resort route.
Thanks

Reactions: Bantha fodder

VN Store

Back