'22 VA WR Carson Jenkins

Nobody’s said he wasn’t athletic nor fast. It’s simply that hundreds of high school players seem to claim 4.3’s yet only a couple actually run one at the NFL combine after 3+ years in a college S&C program and specific training pre-combine to run their fastest 40. Extremely high probability 4.3 claims are bs.
Exactly

Nobody’s said he wasn’t athletic nor fast. It’s simply that hundreds of high school players seem to claim 4.3’s yet only a couple actually run one at the NFL combine after 3+ years in a college S&C program and specific training pre-combine to run their fastest 40. Extremely high probability 4.3 claims are bs.

Yeah, do hundreds of players post videos of themselves running 40 yards in what seems to be the 4.3 -4.4 range?

None of what you said matters to the video posted. And btw, strength and conditioning is just that. Strength and being able to maintain your football effort longer. Not everyone gets faster just because they play college football...

Eric Berry was faster as High School SR then his NFL Rookie season.

Reactions: Volsfan236
Why do I call BS on the time? I live in the area and these schools just don’t have the tech to accurately time these. Despite the above poster stop watching an internet video lmao. If he laser times that well at an event I’ll gladly eat crow.

The difference between laser time and a guy clicking a stop watch when the first part of the body reaches the line is minimal for better or worse...

Understand they're trying to get as accurate time as possible. A difference between 4.32 - 4.36

There is a noticeable difference between 4.35 and 4.5...noticeable meaning you can see it with your own eyes. In other words at the very least the kid is probably running 4.37-4.4..or he just may actually run a 4.35

Reactions: Volsfan236
The difference between laser time and a guy clicking a stop watch when the first part of the body reaches the line is minimal for better or worse...

Understand they're trying to get as accurate time as possible. A difference between 4.32 - 4.36

There is a noticeable difference between 4.35 and 4.5...noticeable meaning you can see it with your own eyes. In other words at the very least the kid is probably running 4.37-4.4..or he just may actually run a 4.35
I doubt it. We’ll see when he times at an event. Like walken said, when all these guys get to the combine there are usually just a handful that run a sub-4.4. If this kid truly does run that I will eat my words, but it sounds like some Gate City-ness to me.

Reactions: Smokebern20
Except there is video evidence for this kid.

Except there is video evidence for this kid.
What because the guy hollered 4.35 At the end? Because a few of you stopwatched the video? U know how inexact that is? There’s not even a starting horn to indicate when to begin. Probably a stride and a half in before y’all are starting it. I have no ill will toward the kid, I live 10 mins from him and will root for him as hard as anybody. But I highly doubt that’s a legit time. More towards high 4.4s or 4.5 imo.

What because the guy hollered 4.35 At the end? Because a few of you stopwatched the video? U know how inexact that is? There’s not even a starting horn to indicate when to begin. Probably a stride and a half in before y’all are starting it. I have no ill will toward the kid, I live 10 mins from him and will root for him as hard as anybody. But I highly doubt that’s a legit time. More towards high 4.4s or 4.5 imo.
So how do you come up with high 4.4 or 4.5 ?

Experience. As I said if he runs a legit 4.35 or even sub 4.4 laser timed I’ll eat crow. It has nothing to do with race, it has to do with technology- y’all’s defense of him I’m not so sure. Article explaining things: Dear High School Football Players: No, You Don't Run a 4.4 40
So tell me how you decided he runs a 4.5 vs. 4.35 besides the fact some HS athletes may exaggerate. Did you watch any of his game film? Did you try to time the 40 video like some in here did ? Since you are in the know and based on your experience how many athletes exaggerate their 40 times?, 5%, 25%, 50% or higher.

So tell me how you decided he runs a 4.5 vs. 4.35 besides the fact some HS athletes may exaggerate. Did you watch any of his game film? Did you try to time the 40 video like some in here did ? Since you are in the know and based on your experience how many athletes exaggerate their 40 times?, 5%, 25%, 50% or higher.
Don’t have to watch any film - if I call bs on every hs player claiming a 4.3 that hasn’t got an official 10.7 or less 100 meter time in track then I will be right over 98% of the time. Facts

Don’t have to watch any film - if I call bs on every hs player claiming a 4.3 that hasn’t got an official 10.7 or less 100 meter time in track then I will be right over 98% of the time. Facts
If you watched the Hudl you might reconsider stating the 4.35 is BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: GojiraVol17
I’m trying to find online references if he ran track this past spring for some official times but of course we had Covid so track likely was canceled in Virginia.

I've watched thousands of 40 yard dashes and it is only a guess based on that. It's not that the athletes exaggerate or lie, it's that stopwatch timing is extremely inaccurate, it just is. And like I said, he didn't even have a start horn or anything. The kid might well be fast and a good football player but I'd put 100 down right now that he doesn't time under 4.4 laser.

I realize you're from right down the road and feel the need to defend this kid, but there's no need. Nobody is questioning his talent or calling him a liar. But the method of timing that 40 is not accurate, and that's just a fact. Sorry.

Reactions: Smokebern20
I've watched thousands of 40 yard dashes and it is only a guess based on that. It's not that the athletes exaggerate or lie, it's that stopwatch timing is extremely inaccurate, it just is. And like I said, he didn't even have a start horn or anything. The kid might well be fast and a good football player but I'd put 100 down right now that he doesn't time under 4.4 laser.

I realize you're from right down the road and feel the need to defend this kid, but there's no need. Nobody is questioning his talent or calling him a liar. But the method of timing that 40 is not accurate, and that's just a fact. Sorry.
His 4.35 may be exaggerated but then it may not be. Someone stated very strongly the 4.35 was likely BS. I’m not going to go out on the limb like that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back