'21 VA RB TreVeyon Henderson (Ohio State commit)

I think if we get Brown then we will have another Kamara and Hurd duo.
More like Stewart/Hayden. But depending on what happens with Zack Evans (wherever he goes) will change what everybody looks for. No ZE for us means we have a huge gap to fill with graduations. Chaney and Pruitt want to rotate three backs in there and Graham likes different bodies with different skill sets. Clemson seems to get clones like Etine and pretty much all the others going back to Dabo’s first year.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I thought he didn’t like Clemson because they want him as a CB
I thought I’d read he was really looking at them seriously. I wasn’t aware they’d wanted him as a corner tho. I mean, yeah he’s a fantastic athlete but he’s special as a quick twitch RB.

Reactions: WonfulVol
Live 15 minutes from Hopewell and actually work in Hopewell. Is this kid good...yes...however...is he elite? Not sure I agree. Saw him play against my daughter's high school. Remember here in Virginia there are actually 7 (if you include private) state champ football teams just like there are in all high school sports. This really waters down the comp. Hopewell is Class 3 which is around 850 -1000 kids. Class 6 has students with a size of upwards of nearly 2800 kids. Hopewell played a pretty weak schedule last year outside their class. I guess time will tell.

Live 15 minutes from Hopewell and actually work in Hopewell. Is this kid good...yes...however...is he elite? Not sure I agree. Saw him play against my daughter's high school. Remember here in Virginia there are actually 7 (if you include private) state champ football teams just like there are in all high school sports. This really waters down the comp. Hopewell is Class 3 which is around 850 -1000 kids. Class 6 has students with a size of upwards of nearly 2800 kids. Hopewell played a pretty weak schedule last year outside their class. I guess time will tell.
Talent is talent regardless of the class.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
We will have to agree to disagree. I also coached for 7 yrs at the class 3 level. There were individuals/teams that if we would have faced we would have got our a$$ beat.

Reactions: mrorange211
So he’s not elite because his competition isn’t? Ever hear of a scrub named Herschel Walker?

So he’s not elite because his competition isn’t? Ever hear of a scrub named Herschel Walker?

source.gif

Not a ridiculous post at all. I've seen the kid play numerous times since he was a freshman. How many of you guys have seen him play in person? A highlight film can be full of plays vs. crappy competition. All I heard was about this kid his freshman and sophomore year and he was not all that when I saw him play. Last year he had a great year and showed out. The teams they played within their district were weaker than usual as Vol1966 said and the out of district schedule is not great. Is he Elite? Only time will tell. I watched other guys come through this area that people called ELITE and they fizzled out in college. I wish the kid well. As for him at CB, I don't see it. He is a RB first and that is his best position.

VN Store

Back