'24 VA OT Fletcher Westphal

I'm saying this for myself more than for anyone else, but this kid's high school was the magic word Jed Clampett used on The Andy Griffith Show to get free gumballs from the machine
Funny and insightful at the same time! You win!

From Rivals:

s8w3d9afaxvq8d0yptlc

FLETCHER
WESTPHAL

UNDECIDED
6'8" | 325 LBS | OT | 2024
TUSCARORA
LEESBURG, VA

Westphal has felt like a priority for Tennessee ever since getting offered in June especially after talking with coach Josh Heupel and position coach Glen Elarbee. Being at Tennessee’s win over Florida only solidified the Vols’ spot as one of the main contenders for the 2024 four-star OL from Leesburg (Va.) Tuscarora as the environment was one of the best he’s seen and he also watched Tennessee outplay Florida on the field.

“The energy and noise from 102,000 fans cheering for the Vols at Rocky Top is something you can only experience in person,” Westphal said. “They are building something special.”

Down to #223 overall from 142 on 247.
As significant as that drop is, then how do any polls have any credibility? Is the player that good or not? If he is not that good then why was he rated that high in the beginning? These recruiting services are nothing but click bait and money grabbers. In my opinion, the only rating that matters is what is on Josh Heupel’s board.

As significant as that drop is, then how do any polls have any credibility? Is the player that good or not? If he is not that good then why was he rated that high in the beginning? These recruiting services are nothing but click bait and money grabbers. In my opinion, the only rating that matters is what is on Josh Heupel’s board.
Junior film has become available, offers have started to roll in, other players are moving up in his place. There are lots of contributing factors. You'll see a lot of radical movement early in the process. It becomes less and more dialed in as their senior season approaches. The summer camp circuit will result in additional movement.

Reactions: 19_GBO_19
Gobbledygook…recruiting “experts” in a nutshell. 😴

If t
Junior film has become available, offers have started to roll in, other players are moving up in his place. There are lots of contributing factors. You'll see a lot of radical movement early in the process. It becomes less and more dialed in as their senior season approaches. The summer camp circuit will result in additional movement.
hat is the case then they should not put ratings out until April of a kid’s junior year. Anything before that is totally insignificant.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
If t

hat is the case then they should not put ratings out until April of a kid’s junior year. Anything before that is totally insignificant.
I don't disagree. It's just a preliminary baseline. Neither of us can stop them from doing it, so it simply makes for an interesting talking point.

VN Store

Back