'21 VA CB Tony Grimes (North Carolina commit)

Well when you return everyone, including four 5 star WR’s, it doesn’t matter.

Jadon Haselwood (knee) & Trejan Bridges (suspension) won't be available. Theo Howard (UCLA transfer) is recovering from injury. WR Charleston Rambo, Theo Wease and all their newcomers will have to step up big for the Sooners. Trey Sermon transferred.

Ronnie Perkins was one of their best defensive players last season and won't be available (suspension). Kenneth Mann, Kenneth Murray, Caleb Kelly, Parnell Motley, & Neville Gallimore are all going to be hard for them to replace on D.

We have a golden opportunity.

Jadon Haselwood (knee) & Trejan Bridges (suspension) won't be available. Theo Howard (UCLA transfer) is recovering from injury. WR Charleston Rambo, Theo Wease and all their newcomers will have to step up big for the Sooners. Trey Sermon transferred.

Ronnie Perkins was one of their best defensive players last season and won't be available (suspension). Kenneth Mann, Kenneth Murray, Caleb Kelly, Parnell Motley, & Neville Gallimore are all going to be hard for them to replace on D.

We have a golden opportunity.
giphy.gif

i mean, i get it. talented QB....but it is different, a lot different, going from HS, to this level of P5 football.

and it's the 2nd game....

and if we have a QB this year.....man. i really do think we're a QB away from winning 8-10 games this year...

Both good points.

Agree 100%. That's a big if. The thing we have going for us is the trenches. Our defense and O-line should be able to keep us in games this year. When's the last time we could say that!

Reactions: T Dog and MadWorld
Both good points.

Agree 100%. That's a big if. The thing we have going for us is the trenches. Our defense and O-line should be able to keep us in games this year. When's the last time we could say that!
agree. the line of scrimmage is where it's at. and that's a really good place to start if you're going to fancy yourself anything close to "good".

the qb position last year was just an absolute mess. JG obviously gets the brunt of the attention, and while shrout and maurer both had moments that made you say 'wow'...they both had an equal (probabaly more) share of "oof" moments.

i give a ton of credit to the offensive staff for how hey managed the whole deal. teams with qb situations like that generally tank.....

so......which brings be to my point for this year....can we go from "a complete mess"....to...."just ok"? lol.

no telling what kind of difference that could make....... :)

Not sure why the OU game is in the Tony Grimes thread but....

If we can dominate time of possession and have a solid run game we should have a punchers chance. We set up well to be able to do that with our OL and RBs vs. their inexperienced front 7.

My main area of concern is them using the middle of the field in the passing game. We have inexperience across the middle of our D after losing Bituli and Warrior that they can easily exploit with their offensive weapons. It will be a tough test for whoever is standing next to To'oto'o.

If we successfully ground and pound, win the turnover battle, and limit explosive plays I think we walk out of Norman with a W.

If we can dominate time of possession and have a solid run game we should have a punchers chance. We set up well to be able to do that with our OL and RBs vs. their inexperienced front 7.

My main area of concern is them using the middle of the field in the passing game. We have inexperience across the middle of our D after losing Bituli and Warrior that they can easily exploit with their offensive weapons. It will be a tough test for whoever is standing next to To'oto'o.

If we successfully ground and pound, win the turnover battle, and limit explosive plays I think we walk out of Norman with a W.
yeah, and i go back to that 2015 game and i'd say we probably did a pretty good job of that overall. but like we saw in that game, it only takes 1 or 2.

no pressure.....lol.

agree with you on the middle of the field on defense. safeties and ILB's/star gonna have to be ready.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
yeah, and i go back to that 2015 game and i'd say we probably did a pretty good job of that overall. but like we saw in that game, it only takes 1 or 2.

no pressure.....lol.

agree with you on the middle of the field on defense. safeties and ILB's/star gonna have to be ready.

We beat Oklahoma going away if Curt Maggitt doesn't go down in the 2nd half. We could never get contain on Mayfield on Maggitts side of the LOS after his injury and Baker to his credit killed us on the edge either by buying time to make plays down field or scrambling for 1st downs to keep drives alive. I don't know if I have ever seen a game change as much on the injury of a defensive player as that one did. The Sooners went from struggling to make first downs to moving at will. 2015 was a snake bit year for us and that was the beginning.

agree. the line of scrimmage is where it's at. and that's a really good place to start if you're going to fancy yourself anything close to "good".

the qb position last year was just an absolute mess. JG obviously gets the brunt of the attention, and while shrout and maurer both had moments that made you say 'wow'...they both had an equal (probabaly more) share of "oof" moments.

i give a ton of credit to the offensive staff for how hey managed the whole deal. teams with qb situations like that generally tank.....

so......which brings be to my point for this year....can we go from "a complete mess"....to...."just ok"? lol.

no telling what kind of difference that could make....... :)

Depends on if we get all the OL pieces in place. If they’re as good on the field as paper we’ll be ok. The run game should benefit and help the passing game.

We beat Oklahoma going away if Curt Maggitt doesn't go down in the 2nd half. We could never get contain on Mayfield on Maggitts side of the LOS after his injury and Baker to his credit killed us on the edge either by buying time to make plays down field or scrambling for 1st downs to keep drives alive. I don't know if I have ever seen a game change as much on the injury of a defensive player as that one did. The Sooners went from struggling to make first downs to moving at will. 2015 was a snake bit year for us and that was the beginning.

ToTo said that’s not happening again.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Depends on if we get all the OL pieces in place. If they’re as good on the field as paper we’ll be ok. The run game should benefit and help the passing game.
The pieces are there in the ol. Feel pretty confident there.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Yep UNC is absolutely killing it rite now,I’ve stated befor though I just wonder if this influences Page any being a hometown guy?He has to see the class there building,momentum is everytbing as we’ve seen in the past.

Honestly. I think it comes down to contain their QB. Keep him in the pocket and were in it. On O qb play no turnovers

VN Store

Back