'21 VA CB Tony Grimes (North Carolina commit)

How many 3 stars have we had commit now that people got upset about, only for them to turn into 4 stars by the end of the cycle? Harrison, Hyatt, Calloway come to mind... I'm sure there are others. We may not be recruiting at the level of programs that are perennial CFP contenders, but that doesn't mean our recruiting is ho-hum. We have quite a few blue chip prospects coming in.
Its going to be really intriguing how recruiting sites spin their agendas on the fluidity of their rankings with no camps this summer

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Ya, I've been wondering about that myself...
Just sit back and watch everyone (including our fanbase) b!tch (and it will be valid) on why this guy or that guy moved down with no additional tape out. I know uga, clem, bama commits will rise considerably no matter the situation. The arian smith ordeal (fast 100m time) was a complete joke. It just shows those guys are only in it for the money & click bait, not thorough evaluating. There are plenty more examples of the emptiness of their “rankings”

Recruiting has been fine.

2019: Avg. ranking the highest it has been in a long while. Top 10 depending on the site.

2020: A top 10 class with a good avg. rating.

I expect this class to be around the same, unless we have a 9-3 or 10-2 type regular season, then I see at least top 7.
We need to turn top 10 classes into a top 10 team before we sign a top 4 class. The only other way to sign that high of a class is unsustainable and full of false promises. Just look at what Butch Jones did.

Can't understand why CB's wouldn't be lining up to be coached by CDA and CJP. Smart money would have thought it was a no brainer, don't know what logic these kids are using to decide their schools.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I would think the best coaching possible would get the 4-5 stars to the league. Not sure if your technique is questionable how playing on a winning team gets you drafted higher.

VN Store

Back