(Bishop Sullivan Catholic)

247Sports
RIVALS
HUDL

Vols Recruitment timeline
4/8/2018 - On campus visit. Vols Offer.
6/20/2018 - On campus visit.

Last edited:
“Yeah, they’re leading,” Meredith told SEC Country. “I’ve never had a visit like that before I actually got recruited.”

The 4-star prospect got ranked as a top-5 safety by 247Sports not even a month ago. He visited Virginia Tech shortly after the rankings pop. This was his first experience on a campus where he was treated as a top priority.

Tennessee is putting a good amount of effort into this recruitment for a reason. Meredith is an elite safety. The Vols have gone all in on him early and it’ll likely keep the Vols in the conversation regardless of which schools come calling until his final decision is made.

Tennessee offered Meredith over the weekend. The only reason it didn’t come a few weeks ago was that the staff was wanting to it in person on the visit. He said the offer meant a lot because he’s never been given this much attention from a staff before.

That’s what this might ultimately come down to when a decision is made. Meredith values building relationships with the coaching staff and he did a lot of that this weekend.

“Coach Tino [Sunseri], [Charles] Kelly and Montario [Hardesty] showed lots of love,” Meredith said. “They treated me like family and that was really my first time meeting them, so it just felt good. I feel like they really get to know their players and that you could really talk to them and have regular conversations about anything.”

Pruitt’s talk with Meredith stood out, though. The first-year coach made it clear the Vols need playmakers in the secondary.

“I had a meeting with Coach Pruitt,” Meredith said. “He was telling me how they need DBs and if I were to come, I would be with the 2s if I started practice yesterday and that I remind him of [NFL star Tyrann Mathieu].”

That’s high praise for the 5-foot-11, 170-pound Meredith. Mathieu starred at LSU before going on to have a great NFL career.

Meredith plans to return to Knoxville for the Florida and Alabama games this fall. He said it’ll depend on what his own football schedule looks like, but it’s a great sign for the Vols he wants to come to two games.

Overall, the visit went about as well as it could have for Tennessee. The coaching staff impressed, the campus stood out and even Neyland Stadium did its part to recruit Meredith.

“We got to the stadium and it was amazing,” he said. “I heard it was one of the loudest stadiums in the country. Loved it. I could definitely see myself playing there.”

—SEC Country

Reactions: 2 people
Hole, would u mind putting their height and weight in the op, when u hover over it on pc u can see the stats

Ty

Last edited:
Sent him a piece he asked for today and in the little wrap up chat afterward, when I asked if UT was staying on him, he said yes and, "I believe in Pruitt."

I think that's the sentiment with a lot of these guys that visit. Whether they choose UT or not, they really do respect the hell out of him.

Sent him a piece he asked for today and in the little wrap up chat afterward, when I asked if UT was staying on him, he said yes and, "I believe in Pruitt."

I think that's the sentiment with a lot of these guys that visit. Whether they choose UT or not, they really do respect the hell out of him.

Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living? Do you do this stuff everyday or is making these pieces for these guys just a hobby? Sorry if that is to personal.

Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living? Do you do this stuff everyday or is making these pieces for these guys just a hobby? Sorry if that is to personal.

No problem at all. I'm an art director for a global company that designs and manufactures recording studio and live sound equipment. I handle product packaging, print and web ads, lay out manuals, etc. Anything an end-user ends up seeing, I usually have a hand in it. I do these little edits as a hobby, but I do work with high school coaches, athletic directors, recruiting directors, etc on a freelance basis as a remote creative director for their teams / schools that can't afford to have someone on staff full-time.

No problem at all. I'm an art director for a global company that designs and manufactures recording studio and live sound equipment. I handle product packaging, print and web ads, lay out manuals, etc. Anything an end-user ends up seeing, I usually have a hand in it. I do these little edits as a hobby, but I do work with high school coaches, athletic directors, recruiting directors, etc on a freelance basis as a remote creative director for their teams / schools that can't afford to have someone on staff full-time.

Super cool

Very cool. I'm sure the kids appreciate the professional level products. Thanks for sharing! :good!:

Awesome. Keep up the good work, sir! :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Posted this immediately after reposting a 2016 video of Sterl the Pearl.

[twitter]992598555343900672[/twitter]

VN Store

Back