UT's Psychological Barrier.........

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Psychoanalyze..............
Doesn't it seem UT coaches particularly ( which may carry over to the players) have always possessed the talent to win, it's just their psych gets in the way.I just can't believe the team that played yesterday is the same team that was coached and we fielded against Cal and UF. Obviously UF isn't as good as once thought (i.e.Ole Miss).

We were rested,neyland was rocking and we had that out for blood mentality. I love it wish we could bottle it and take it with us everywhere.

our coaches and players prepare better mentally when their backs are against the wall. 2-3 (0-2) wouldn't fit very well with their fan base...and UF is actually BETTER than i thought they were after watching last night's game.

our coaches and players prepare better mentally when their backs are against the wall. 2-3 (0-2) wouldn't fit very well with their fan base...and UF is actually BETTER than i thought they were after watching last night's game.
Thats sad if thats true. They should prepare everytime like that then. I know your not going to play with that type of intensity everytime. But being prepared should be a given. Florida will probably win out from here on. So we have to win out to go anywhere.

We were rested,neyland was rocking and we had that out for blood mentality. I love it wish we could bottle it and take it with us everywhere.

I think that is a pretty good explanation. Most teams coming off a bye week, having gotten healthy, playing at home against a rival with a little desperation thrown in are going to come out extremely focused.

]Psychoanalyze[/b]..............
Doesn't it seem UT coaches particularly ( which may carry over to the players) have always possessed the talent to win, it's just their psych gets in the way.I just can't believe the team that played yesterday is the same team that was coached and we fielded against Cal and UF. Obviously UF isn't as good as once thought (i.e.Ole Miss).

Don't you need a degree or certification or something to do that?:birgits_giggle:

I think sometimes we, as fans, forget that IN ADDITION to playing football, these young men and the coaches as well, have another little thing called "Life" to contend with. Classes, tests, grades, relationships, and health all factor in to whatever a team brings onto the field each week. It's more than just 4 quarters on Saturday.

I would say that our game at MSU will determine a lot of things. If we go in there, in an away game, and stomp them, then I'll be well on my way to being convinced that that UGA game is no more an aberration than the UF 4th Quarter was. I certainly hope not, but as LIO said, these guys have a lot of distractions, and need to be brought into focus for 4 quarters on Saturdays.

VN Store

Back