UT would have gone 6-6 if they'd played a normal schedule last year....

dlobh

and might still have ol' Tater head for the coach. With wins against the same teams in conference - Missouri, SCe, and Vandy, and 3 OOC wins - 6-6. Would you rather have that or the current situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: coachjp6
and would still have ol' Tater head for the coach. With wins against the same teams in conference - Missouri, SCe, and Vandy, and 3 OOC wins - 6-6. Would you rather have that or the current situation?

Missouri was player far far better than us later in the year. 5-7 was the ceiling and I wouldn't even lock that in for this team with how badly it melted down.

and might still have ol' Tater head for the coach. With wins against the same teams in conference - Missouri, SCe, and Vandy, and 3 OOC wins - 6-6. Would you rather have that or the current situation?
giphy.gif

There's no way to know for sure. I think Missouri would be a loss if played later in the year. The only game I think we win if we replayed the 3 opponents we did manage to beat would be Vandy.

We beat SC only because of HT's interception return for a TD.

After the GA state debacle, I don't think it would be safe to assume any wins with our prior coaching staff.

We will never know what happened after the first half of that Georgia game.

We were a team with so much heart and fire, and we were beating Georgia at halftime. The wheels came off the entire season in that second half, I’ve never seen an implosion like that.

We will never know what happened after the first half of that Georgia game.

We were a team with so much heart and fire, and we were beating Georgia at halftime. The wheels came off the entire season in that second half, I’ve never seen an implosion like that.

I would like to know what happened in the locker room. Who knows what really happened.

I tend to believe that Pruitt made zero adjustments and Georgia evidently made the right ones. We were simply out coached, the players saw it and just quit.

Pruitt's Tenure in a nutshell :)

Man ain't that the truth.

Looking back at Pruitts 8 game winning streak, it was a perfect storm.

JG got hot for a couple games and we got lucky in a couple more. But for the most part the teams we played just weren't very good. We were the best of the worst.

Dang it hurt to type that out.

Would have been blasted by Oklahoma. So wouldnt have been 3-0 OOC

Reactions: buckfama
I hate to say it, and I am sure there are going to be tons of arguments against my opinion...but I think the torching of the entire program from the AD on down is what had to happen. I honestly don’t think there was any other way to break the cycle of mediocrity and the good-ol-boy network that was essentially running everything...and running it badly.

I hate that the team I have followed for 40 years had to be disassembled right down to the ground like it was, but I can’t see any other way they could have truly made it possible to start from scratch and rid the program of its worst enemies.

Hopefully the self-imposed necessity of having stability in the program is going to work out. I happen to think it will.

I could be wrong.

I would like to know what happened in the locker room. Who knows what really happened.

I tend to believe that Pruitt made zero adjustments and Georgia evidently made the right ones. We were simply out coached, the players saw it and just quit.
We couldn't move the ball consistently the whole game. We hit two long passes in the first half and they snapped the ball over the quarterbacks head into the endzone and we recovered for a touchdown, that was our lead. If you look at the game stats, we got worked. Like every semblance of good in Beldar's tenure, it was a mirage.

Not so sure about that. Georgia State already forgotten? This bunch can lose to anyone.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

I’m not so sure last year’s team woulda beat Troy. So, I think 5-7 was just as likely as 6-6.

Regardless, I’m glad Pruitt is gone!

Reactions: Vol Catdaddy
I view Pruitt, his "style" of team culture or lack there of, and the way he ran things in to the ground as cancer.

Would I rather have cancer, and look somewhat okay and normal for a while, or would I rather have it surgically removed, do chemo and radiation treatment, and while I suffer from radiation burns, lose weight, and lose all my hair, I eventually will recover and come back stronger?

Cut me open, remove it, and let the healing begin.

source.gif

Pruitt is a horrible head coach. That offense was one of the worst offenses I've ever seen from a game plan and in-game adjustments standpoint
No disrespect to JG, but the offense was very limited in what it could do. By trotting JG out there every week, Pruitt hamstrung the defense. By the 3rd quarter, the defense was gassed. It started after the half time of the UGA game and just continued. The ceiling for the offense was about 14 points.

They may have gone 6-6 but i think we had already seen enough to know UT was going nowhere with Pruitt as Head coach. The QB situation did him in, that and meddling in things he should have left to his overpaid staff.

VN Store

Back