UT vs UM

TennEddie

After watching a replay of the game twice now, I have concluded;
Michigan wanted it more.
UT was intimidated and choked down the stretch.

Reactions: kxtop
Michigan wanted it more.

I think when the shots weren't falling our guards became tentative to shoot. When that happens they lost confidence in their shot. Knowing the expectations and if you lose you go home, it just adds more pressure to the situation. To say they didn't want it as much is an insult. This group has bonded and they all wanted it equally. The 3 ball is a big part of our game and it wasn't there. 3 days before it was and in the same gym, but not this day. I guarantee they are all equally disappointed and hurt way more than fans do. So unless you were on the floor, don't insult the team by saying they didn't want it as much.

I think when the shots weren't falling our guards became tentative to shoot. When that happens they lost confidence in their shot. Knowing the expectations and if you lose you go home, it just adds more pressure to the situation. To say they didn't want it as much is an insult. This group has bonded and they all wanted it equally. The 3 ball is a big part of our game and it wasn't there. 3 days before it was and in the same gym, but not this day. I guarantee they are all equally disappointed and hurt way more than fans do. So unless you were on the floor, don't insult the team by saying they didn't want it as much.
Exactly!

If you watched Kennedy after the game ... I suggest that you would know ... they wanted it really bad!
If you were able to see Rick Barnes, after the game you would know he wanted it really bad.

I suspect we missed shots, some players got a little tight ... and the shots rattled out.
I suspect we will get a better result next year .... not that that is any consolation.

Agree. This was the first game I could recall where every player but Chandler was hesitant to shoot below the 3-4 min mark. I think the pressure got to them towards the end of the game as Chandler was the only one scoring. It was as if they were waiting on KC to bail us out in each possession.

We went into one of our infamous scoring droughts (8 points in 8 min) while every Michigan prayer was answered. We would beat them 7 out of 10 times but they were better that night as the Vols went cold. It sucks and still hurts as I love this team and hate if for Barnes, as some Nashville media trashed him on 102.5 PM show, stating he was @ fault.

The effort and desire was there by the entire team and coaching staff, but Michigan made more plays the last 4 min of the game. Every possession matters in March.

Michigan wanted it more.
Such a terrible take. You don’t have a top 5 defense in the country all year long if you don’t have the want-to or effort. Of all things to question during Barnes’ tenure this is just silly.

The key play was KC losing the handle up 6pts with four minutes left, then UM gets the miracle shot by Brooks and two cheap putbacks, while ZZ misses twice from the corner and JJ misses out front. That did it-- a huge change in momentum in a very short time. We lost our composure there-- uncharacteristic of the play that got us a SEC-T championship.

Went ice cold at the worst possible time versus a good shooting team, they also ate our lunch inside and around the paint., that's about it.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Assuming the OP wasn't a troll (a difficult assumption by the way), it was without any analysis, any factual basis, and, in short, was ridiculously simplistic and not useful. This was one of Tennessee's best teams ever and the 21-22 Vols do not deserve the disrespect the OP provides, whether unintentionally or intentionally.

Tennessee's shooters went cold and U of M was a well coached, solid team on a bit of a roll. No need to throw rocks at our guys.

I can only assume the OP is sincere about his conclusion HOWEVER I disagree with each point. Other posters have properly explained the situation that, IMO, clearly identified issues with the loss. For us to conclude this team was intimidated and unmotivated would be absurd…especially after what we witnessed all year long!

Michigan wanted it more.
Michigan wanted it more and was mentally prepared for hard play. We looked uncharacteristically a step slow, poor shooting (obviously 3 point shooting) and generally uninspired. Too bad because we certainly could have been a final four team.

VN Store

Back